Volunteer Florida and Uber Team Up for #SuitsforSession
For one day this spring, donating clothes will be even easier thanks to an innovative partnership between Volunteer Florida and Uber. On Tuesday, March 1, Tallahassee donors can open the app and request a pickup for their donations to be delivered by an Uber directly to Volunteer Florida, free of charge.
Building on the success of previous promotions across the country, Volunteer Florida and Uber have partnered to launch a #SuitsforSession campaign to combine the power of donating with the convenience of ordering a ride.
Here’s how it works:
- Gather the clothes you would like to donate
- On Tuesday, March 1, donors will open the Uber app and be able to select the GIVE option on the bottom of the screen.
- An Uber vehicle will arrive to pick up clothing bags, and the driver will drop-off the donations to Volunteer Florida.
- All clothing must be bagged for drivers to accept donations.
- Drivers will arrive at requested pick up locations. Donors are responsible for bringing bags outside, as drivers cannot leave their vehicles unattended.
- Donors may also bring clothing to the Volunteer Florida display on the Third Floor Rotunda at the Florida State Capitol.
Most people tend to do some form of spring cleaning in March, it’s the perfect time to get rid of their old suits and spring into gear. With Volunteer Florida and Uber coming directly to donors, it’s the perfect opportunity for people to clean out their closets and give as much as they can, while ensuring that their clothing can be reused and contributing to a good cause.
Volunteer Florida will donate the items to the following centers including, Dress For Success Tallahassee, Goodwill Industries of the Big Bend, Inc., and the Florida Department of Education’s Division of Blind Services. These donations will help with job placement opportunities and support hundreds in the Tallahassee community.