Volunteer Florida and Uber Team Up for #SuitsforSession
For one day this spring, donating clothes will be even easier thanks to an innovative partnership between Volunteer Florida and Uber. On Tuesday, March 1, Tallahassee donors can open the app and request a pickup for their donations to be delivered by an Uber directly to Volunteer Florida, free of charge.
Building on the success of previous promotions across the country, Volunteer Florida and Uber have partnered to launch a #SuitsforSession campaign to combine the power of donating with the convenience of ordering a ride.
Here’s how it works:
- Gather the clothes you would like to donate
- On Tuesday, March 1, donors will open the Uber app and be able to select the GIVE option on the bottom of the screen.
- An Uber vehicle will arrive to pick up clothing bags, and the driver will drop-off the donations to Volunteer Florida.
- All clothing must be bagged for drivers to accept donations.
- Drivers will arrive at requested pick up locations. Donors are responsible for bringing bags outside, as drivers cannot leave their vehicles unattended.
- Donors may also bring clothing to the Volunteer Florida display on the Third Floor Rotunda at the Florida State Capitol.
Most people tend to do some form of spring cleaning in March, it’s the perfect time to get rid of their old suits and spring into gear. With Volunteer Florida and Uber coming directly to donors, it’s the perfect opportunity for people to clean out their closets and give as much as they can, while ensuring that their clothing can be reused and contributing to a good cause.
Volunteer Florida will donate the items to the following centers including, Dress For Success Tallahassee, Goodwill Industries of the Big Bend, Inc., and the Florida Department of Education’s Division of Blind Services. These donations will help with job placement opportunities and support hundreds in the Tallahassee community.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.