UBER Value Added Services
We have some exciting news about partnerships we have secured for you. These will allow you to obtain the most competitive pricing for rentals, insurance, maintenance and other options. Feel free to let us know if there are specific benefits you would like us to negotiate for you at firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATE: Due to increased interest from new & existing Uber partners wanting to add vehicles to the Uber platform, Uber Johannesburg and Pretoria will be implementing a vehicle on-boarding waiting list for uberX, Van and BLACK in order to effectively balance demand and supply. If you want to add one or more vehicles to your fleet in the next 6 months, please ensure you complete the below survey:
- If your vehicle is not yet active, please add it to the register by responding to the survey.
- If you have not purchased a vehicle(s), please also respond to this survey in order to reserve your place in the vehicle waiting list queue.
- All vehicles coming onto the Uber platform over the next months will be on-boarded from the vehicle waiting list queue.
- Please do not buy any vehicle prior to receiving confirmation from the Uber Team that your vehicle will be activated.
All Partners should enroll a driver prior to acquiring a vehicle and a booking can be made at www.bookwhen.com/uberjhb.
Please note the following updates to all vehicle requirements.
|Vehicle Class||Status||Vehicle Age||Vehicle Width||Vehicle Options|
|UberBLACK||Waiting List||2012 or Newer||1700mm||Audi, BMW or Mercedes Sedan|
|UberX||Waiting List||2012 or Newer||1700mm||Toyota Corolla/Quest, Hyundai Accent/Elantra, Kia Rio, Honda Ballade, Nissan Almera|
|UberVAN||Open||2012 or Newer||1900mm||Hyundai H1, VW Kombi, Ford Tourneo or Mercedes Vito|
UberX Note: We cannot accept Etios/Ikon/Vivo/Aveo/Brio/Avanza vehicle applications.
Vehicle life expectations: We hope each vehicle will have a minimum life of 1-2 years on the platform. Based on current experience, a vehicle generally becomes unfit in year 3 or 4 e.g. a 2012 vehicle will have until 2015 or 2016 to operate, dependent on vehicle quality and rider experience.
For more information on the Vehicle Inspection and Driver Marketplace see: https://newsroom.uber.com/johannesburg/gp_apply/
The Partnership between Uber and McCarthy offers users a set of pre-approved Uber vehicles, discounted parts and servicing as well as tailor made financing & insurance offers, all at competitive rates. Visit the website or contact the concierge desk for more information.
- Website: www.uber.callacar.co.za
- Call: 0860 22 33 53
This opportunity is limited to Uber Partners who have been operating on Uber for a period of 3 months or longer, who are looking to upgrade an aged vehicle, or are looking to expand their fleet. Imperial Auto are offering Uber Partners access to New and Used vehicles at competitive prices!
- Call: 0118755852
- Email: email@example.com
Pace Car Rental
Be your own boss by leasing from Pace, you work your own hours and use your vehicle as you like… even for personal use. They have an assortment of vehicles available for rent over 6 months or longer; including the Toyota Corolla, Nissan Almera and VW Polo.
All vehicles are already Uber approved and licensed with a fuel card, insurance, maintenance, device and 2GB data per month along with many other value adds to simplify your business.
Those who rent for longer than 20 months will have the option to purchase their vehicle at the end of the rental period. Prices from R6,200 per month and 45c per km (depending on selected vehicle).
- Call: 087 808 2542 / 084 840 2847
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Toyota Financial Services
From just R6500 per month* you can make use of a Toyota Corolla Quest 1.6 over 36-months under a Full Maintenance Rental. At the end of the term, simply return the vehicle and get a brand new vehicle hassle-free.
Included in the offering:
- 200,000km maintenance plan
- Cartrack Fleet Manager
- Roadside assistance
- Optional license renewal
NB: Insurance and tyres are excluded.
Enquire at your nearest Toyota dealership nationally.
*pricing subject to credit assessment
We realise that it may be difficult to get comprehensive insurance for your vehicles and that knowing whether you have the correct cover is easier said than done. So we have gone ahead and consulted with industry experts at GIB Insurance Brokers (Authorised FSP License No. 10406) to put an insurance deal forward:.
Their policies could save you THOUSANDS annually on your premiums and ensure you have comprehensive cover that secures your operations and income. Furthermore, the Broker will assist you with moving your cover across and coordinating the cancellation of your current cover. Annual premiums starting at just 4% of your vehicle value.
Optional extras include:
- Car Hire whilst your vehicle is being repaired/replaced (limited to 30 days)
- Touch Up cover for dents and scratches on your vehicle
- Tyre Insurance in case you damage a tyre when driving through a pot hole or uneven road surface
- Email email@example.com for further information or quotes or Contact: Himal Daya or Rosalee de Buys on 0114831212.
Maintenance & Repairs
For competitive maintenance, tyres and services, contact the following service providers:
- Oil changes from only R499 (incl. VAT)
- Wheel alignment at R149 (incl. VAT) – Uber partners only
- Also offering vehicle services, tyres, windscreen repairs, scratch & dent repairs.
- Call: 0860 22 33 53 or visit uber.callacar.co.za for more details
Tiger Wheel & Tyre (National) / Tyres & More (National)
All UBER Partners & their Families receive the following;
- Preferential Discounts on all products.
- All Service Related Products i.e. wheel balancing, wheel alignment etc. discounted at 30%
- An Over and above Discounted Benefit of 2.5% as shown on the invoice.
- Free Nitrogen
- R50 puncture repairs (valid from 14 September 2015)
Drivers must identify themselves with the UBER APP showing they are a registered driver with UBER to redeem these discounts.
Family members can make use of the benefit but must be accompanied by the UBER member.
Go Dent Minor Car Repair
- Go Dent repairs scuffs, scratches, and other damage to the body of your car faster than traditional panel beating and for less than the cost of your excess.
We are offering exclusive benefits to Uber Drivers including:
- Preferential Rates: Up to 15% off standard pricing
- Preferential Turnaround Times: Priority repairs in 24hrs
- Flexible Payment Options: Repair now. Pay later.
This means less downtime, keeping your car on the road making money, not sitting for days in a panel beater queue waiting for assessor approval before repairs can commence. Less time at the repairer means more income for you.
Visit www.godent.co.za/uber to find out more or to get a quote.
Check out the discounted tracking deals on offer to Uber Partners.
Fleet Management Plus – R179/per month (incl. VAT)
Instant benefits will be available to you by simple means of understanding:
- Multi users – web based(no software required)
- Real-time (Live) vehicle position on map and status
- Speed monitoring and movement detection
- Alerts on harsh acceleration, exceeding the set speed limit, harsh braking/cornering, excessive idling
- Accurate GPS positioning and route history displayed on comprehensive multi-layer mapping
- System Event Alerts notification via RSS feed, SMS or E-mail
- Automatic failure diagnostic check every 24 hours
- Route replay
- 34 different reports
- Google earth (export)
- Route planning (optional extra)
- Driver identification(optional extra)
- Cam bus on board system (optional extra)
- Website: http://www.cartrack.co.za/uber-partnership
Skytrax – R199/per month (incl. VAT)
This solution will in summary offer the owner of the vehicles the following:
- Driver behavior charts – indicating which drivers are driving effectively
- Trips breakdown per day / period – indicating how many trips were done
- Various reports (over speed/harsh breaking)
- Allocate zones for the various vehicles
- Vehicle location (reports every 135 sec) & historical data
- Stolen vehicle recovery (Assist button)
- Connected roadside and medical assistance
- Access via Web or smartphone application or Sms location request
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can now buy a case of Water for R75 from the Bottle Store at the entrance to the UBER offices. There are 24 bottles each 500ml.
UBER is also working on other water deals to bring this cost down further. Riders appreciate having water in the vehicles, especially during the week for business customers.
24 Hr Car Wash
Location: 159 Republic road, Randburg at the Engen Garage. UBER
Location: 110 Corlett Drive, Melrose (Click HERE for map)
R50 carwash for Uber drivers. A full wash includes a wash, vacuum, tyre silicon, perfume for the interior and application of a wax sealant which protects the body paint. (standard price is R65 for a normal sized sedan)
Present your profile on the Uber Partner app to redeem this discount.
Lenchen Car Wash/Valet Service
Location: Centurion. Approx. 700 metres from the N1 (John Vorster off-ramp), Centurion Mall & Old Johannesburg Rd.
Location: Jan Shoba Street, Hatfield, Pretoria
Present your profile on the Uber Partner app to redeem this discount.
CorpConnect Cash Deal (Powered by Vodacom)
Choose from either Phone or Phone and Data Deals
- Phone and Data: Andriod Device + Vodacom 2GB/month (12 months) for R2500
- Data only: Vodacom 2GB/month (12 months) for R1068 (equivalent of R89/month)
- Download application letter: http://t.uber.com/jhb_corpconnect
- Alternatively visit 126 Stirling Road, Waverley Bowls Club every Wednesday
Tariffic Cellular Contract Deal (Powered by Altech Autopage)
Choose from 4 different handsets. Each one comes with 2GB data bundle each month.
- Hauwei G7 (Cost: R310pm) – (Application Form: t.uber.com/CT_huaweiG7)
- Samsung A3 (Cost: R310pm) – (Application Form: t.uber.com/CT_samsungA3)
Step 1: Download and complete the application cover letter – t.uber.com/CT_tarifficcoverletter
Step 2: Select your package, complete the relevant application form (links above)
Step 3: Email your application and cover letter to email@example.com
Please attach the following documents to the email:
- Copy of ID Document
- Proof of income (e.g payslip, 3 month bank statements etc..)
- Proof of bank details (e.g. Stamped bank statement)
- Proof of address (e.g. Municipal Bill, Rental agreement etc…)
Not sure how to complete the application? Check this out – t.uber.com/CT_tarifficexample
Need more info?
Phone: 010 140 1709
If you are interested in any of the above options, please contact the information provided.
For all Finance, rental or rent-to-own options you will need the following documentation:
– Proof of income (at least last 3 months bank statements)*
– NB: RSA ID document
– Driver’s License
– Proof of physical address (utilities statement or bank statement)
*Some providers may accept the partner statements as proof of income.
For those of you that operate as drivers as well, remember that the highest rated drivers will always receive preference on the best deals. Remember to keep up the 5-star service to unlock the most value on the network.
Please note: None of the above is to be construed as giving advice in any way- please contact each service provider directly with any queries you may have. All packages/options can be tailored to your specific requirements.
If you have any questions please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bustling streets, dynamic skylines and an exotic nightlife are just a few of the things that make Africa one of the most vibrant hubs in the world. At Uber, we believe that the real magic starts in your very own backyard, which is why we’re giving you the ultimate reason to explore your city this […]
Make the most of your Irish revelry this Thursday, by heading to one of these #UberApproved parties. Simply ride, show your Uber receipt and indulge in a bit of Irish luck! JOHANNESBURG COLONY ARMS: Jozi’s famous watering hole will be handing out a free shooter or beer to everyone who rides with Uber this […]