Uber gift cards/voucher codes: T&Cs
Terms and Conditions
This Uber Voucher Code Agreement (“Agreement”) is between the purchaser and/or redeemer (“you”) of a Uber Voucher Code (“Voucher Code”), and, Uber B.V..
By purchasing and/or redeeming the Voucher Code, you accept the following terms and conditions:
- The Voucher Code may only be redeemed via the Uber app and used within South Africa in cities where Uber is available.
- The Voucher Code cannot be redeemed for UberRUSH or with Family profiles. The value associated with this Voucher Code expires three years after the date of first activation and the expired Voucher Code may not be re-activated.
- Please follow these steps to redeem the Voucher Code: 1) Go to the Payment section in the Uber app; 2) Tap “Add Promo/Gift Code”; and 3) Enter the card’s Gift Code. You must have an active and valid Uber account to redeem the Voucher Code. You may be required to add a secondary payment method to use the Voucher Code with the Uber app if the balance from the Voucher Code is not sufficient to cover the price of your ride.
- No fees apply to the Voucher Code, and Voucher Codes funds never expire.
- If you have other payment methods in your Uber account, the Voucher Code will be set as your default payment method. If you wish to use another payment method, go to the Payment section in the Uber app and select the payment method before the Uber service is provided.
- The Voucher Code cannot be reloaded with additional funds after purchase.
- The Voucher Code is not redeemable outside of South Africa, or in South African cities where Uber is not available.
- The Voucher Code is not refundable, returnable or redeemable for cash except where required by law. You may not purchase other Voucher Codes with the Voucher Code.
- The Voucher Code is not redeemable on trips that are pre-scheduled using the “Schedule a Ride” feature on the Uber app.
- “The risk of loss of the Voucher Code passes to the Voucher Code purchaser at the time of purchase. Uber is not responsible for lost, stolen or destroyed Voucher Codes, and is not responsible for unauthorized use of the Voucher Code. In the event that a voucher code is non-functional, your sole remedy (and Uber’s sole potential liability) shall be the replacement of such voucher code.
- Uber reserves the right to void the Voucher Code if Uber suspects that the Voucher Code was obtained or used fraudulently, unlawfully or otherwise in violation of this Agreement. Misuse of this Voucher Code may constitute fraud. In certain cases, we may limit or decline to honor the Voucher Code value if you are unable to present satisfactory proof of your identity upon our request.
- If any term of this Agreement is deemed to be invalid, void or for any reason unenforceable, such term shall be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining terms of this Agreement.
- For customer service, please use the in-app help system or visit help.uber.com.
Governing Law & Arbitration Provision
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa. Any claim, dispute, or controversy (“Claim”) arising out of or relating in any way to: i) this Agreement; ii) the Voucher Code; iii) your acquisition of the Voucher Code; iv) your redemption of the Voucher Code for use, or attempted use, within the Uber app; v) the amount of available funds on the Voucher Code; or vi) advertisements, promotions or oral or written statements related to the Voucher Code; no matter how described, pleaded or styled, shall be FINALLY and EXCLUSIVELY resolved by binding individual arbitration conducted by the International Chamber of Commerce Amicable Dispute Resolution Rules (ICC ADR Rules).
If the Claim has not been settled within sixty (60) days after a request for Amicable Dispute Resolution has been submitted under the said ICC ADR Rules, such Claim shall be exclusively and finally resolved by arbitration under the Rules of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC Arbitration Rules). The ICC Rules’ Emergency Arbitrator provisions are excluded. The Claim shall be resolved by one arbitrator to be appointed in accordance with the ICC Rules. The place of arbitration shall be in Johannesburg, South Africa.
All determinations as to the scope, interpretation, enforceability and validity of this Agreement shall be made final exclusively by the arbitrator, which award shall be binding and final. Judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction.
This arbitration provision shall survive: i) the termination of this Agreement; ii) the bankruptcy of any party; or iii) any transfer, sale or assignment of the Voucher Code, or any amounts owed on the Voucher Code, to any other person or entity. If any portion of this arbitration provision is deemed invalid or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in force.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THE VOUCHER CODE. SAVE YOUR RECEIPT AND USE THE IN-APP HELP MENU OR VISIT HELP.UBER.COM TO CANCEL THE GIFT CARD AND TO REQUEST A REFUND.
Bustling streets, dynamic skylines and an exotic nightlife are just a few of the things that make Africa one of the most vibrant hubs in the world. At Uber, we believe that the real magic starts in your very own backyard, which is why we’re giving you the ultimate reason to explore your city this […]
Make the most of your Irish revelry this Thursday, by heading to one of these #UberApproved parties. Simply ride, show your Uber receipt and indulge in a bit of Irish luck! JOHANNESBURG COLONY ARMS: Jozi’s famous watering hole will be handing out a free shooter or beer to everyone who rides with Uber this […]