Uber Pro Tips
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 200 cities and over 40 countries today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer.
1. One tap to ride – Uber uses your phone’s GPS to detect your location and connects you with the nearest available driver. Get picked up anywhere — even if you don’t know the exact address.
2. Reliable pickups – When you request a ride, we’ll find a driver and send his details to you. You can also track their location on the map.
3. Clear pricing – View rates for your city in the app. You can also enter your pickup and drop-off locations to get a fare quote for your trip.
4. Cashless and convenient – You don’t need cash when you ride with Uber. Once you arrive at your destination, your fare is automatically charged to your credit card on file – no need to tip. We’ll also e-mail you a receipt.
5. Feedback matters – Drivers not only meet Uber’s standards, they meet your standards. After your trip, you can rate your experience and leave additional feedback about your driver.
6. Split your fare – Invite your friends to split the fare. If your friends opt in, each person’s credit card will be charged equally.
Travis Kalanick and Garret Camp founded Uber in 2009
Jobug was the 34th city globally
We operate in Joburg, Pretoria, Cape Town and Durban in South Africa
South Africa was the first country outside the US with 3 cities operational at the same time
Choice is a Beautiful Thing
Every day car for every day use. Cheap, fast and reliable.
Your own private driver, on demand. Expect pickup in a high-end sedan within minutes.
For those times when you need a bit more space. Seats up to seven people in style.
Bustling streets, dynamic skylines and an exotic nightlife are just a few of the things that make Africa one of the most vibrant hubs in the world. At Uber, we believe that the real magic starts in your very own backyard, which is why we’re giving you the ultimate reason to explore your city this […]
Make the most of your Irish revelry this Thursday, by heading to one of these #UberApproved parties. Simply ride, show your Uber receipt and indulge in a bit of Irish luck! JOHANNESBURG COLONY ARMS: Jozi’s famous watering hole will be handing out a free shooter or beer to everyone who rides with Uber this […]