Take off with uberCHOPPER!
To celebrate Uber’s one year anniversary in Cape Town and the official start of festive season, we are taking to the skies with uberCHOPPER, powered by Cape Town Helicopters!
Request your uberCHOPPER in Cape Town starting today, 10 October!
That’s right, we’re bringing you a chance to request a helicopter ride on-demand using the same seamless technology you have learned to love the last year in Cape Town.
How Does it Work?
- Open your Uber app when you are ready to fly
- Toggle to the uberCHOPPER option
- Set your pick-up location and request uberCHOPPER
- A representative will call you to confirm passenger and flight details
- A VIP uberBLACK will then whisk you off to the helipad at the V&A Waterfront to start your journey!
Like all Uber experiences, there is no need to tip and the fare will be charged directly to your card!
Where can I go?
Choose from three #uberAPPROVED routes for your uberCHOPPER adventure:
1. TWO OCEANS:
- Take a scenic flight along the Atlantic Coast over to False Bay, passing Fish Hoek to Muizenberg
- R1800 per person (minimum two people per flight)
2. FULL PENINSULA:
- Cruise along the coast of the Cape Peninsula; from Cape Town to the Cape of Good Hope
- R3500 per person (minimum two people per flight)
3. SPECIALISED TOURS:
- Customise your trip to any helipad in Cape Town and the surrounds: winelands tour, shark-cage diving…with uberCHOPPER the sky is quite literally the limit!
- Prices vary based on trip: Cape Town helicopters will assist you with this
Ready for Takeoff? We thought so!
Top Billing presenter (and Uber ambassador) Jeannie D joined comedian Siv Ngesi for a sneaky first flight in Cape Town, and now it is your turn!
“To say I am excited is an understatement! I have been a huge fan of Uber since it launched in SA last year – all my travelling has been made that much easier. Now with uberCHOPPER the options on how I travel are really limitless. I am looking forward to an exciting summer season in Cape Town. uberCHOPPER all the way!” – Jeannie D
As always, don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us with any questions, concerns, or #uberCHOPPERLOVE!
Time for takeoff!
Team Uber Cape Town
Spread the #uberCHOPPERLOVE for a chance to win a free uberCHOPPER ride for you and three of your friends! See our facebook page for details!
- Requesting the uberCHOPPER books only your seat on the flight
- Max of three riders per chopper with a min of two per trip
- You have the option to make the ride exclusive, meaning you can decide with whom you want to share
- Monday – Sunday, 09:00am – 05:00pm [subject to weather]
- Friday 10 October 2014 – 31 March 2015
*uberCHOPPER rates exclude VIP uberBLACK trip to helipad
Get Social with Uber Cape Town!
Bustling streets, dynamic skylines and an exotic nightlife are just a few of the things that make Africa one of the most vibrant hubs in the world. At Uber, we believe that the real magic starts in your very own backyard, which is why we’re giving you the ultimate reason to explore your city this […]
Make the most of your Irish revelry this Thursday, by heading to one of these #UberApproved parties. Simply ride, show your Uber receipt and indulge in a bit of Irish luck! JOHANNESBURG COLONY ARMS: Jozi’s famous watering hole will be handing out a free shooter or beer to everyone who rides with Uber this […]