South Africa uberX Winter Price Promotion
In celebration of Uber’s 5th Birthday and UberX’s one year anniversary in South Africa, we are excited to announce a massive UberX winter promotion for the Month of June!
This UberX winter pricing promotion has been designed to unlock new Riders, increase the number of trips Riders are taking on the UBER platform, and ultimately provide Riders with the opportunity to experiment with “Ditching their Keys”, parking their vehicles, in favour of using UBER.
The UberX Winter Price Promotion has three key parts:
- Reducing UberX prices country-wide to increase demand
- Huge marketing campaign to increase new rider signups and increase usage from existing riders
- Provide driver partners with trip incentives over this period
This pricing promotion will come into effect on Thursday 4 June, at 6am.
NB: Uber will be providing trip incentives to limit the impact of the winter promotion!
Revised UberX pricing for June 2015
|Old UberX Pricing||June UberX Pricing|
|Per KM||R7.00/ km||R6.00 / km|
|Per Minute||R0.70 / min||R0.60 / min|
Note: Pricing on trips requested as UberXL remain unchanged for the winter promotion.
Incentives for June 2015
THE GOAL: Boost hourly earnings by increasing the number of trips you can do each hour and reduce idle time.
For the first week of the winter promotion, a R7.50 per trip incentive will apply to a driver’s first 40 completed UberX trips.
As earnings increase trip bonuses will be adjusted accordingly.
Note: This pricing promotion will come into effect on Thursday 4 June, at 6am, and trip incentives will be calculated from this time until Monday 4am. Trip incentives will be adjusted on a weekly basis and communicated on Monday mornings.
What does this mean for you?
This is a great opportunity for Uber partners as it will make demand more consistent throughout the week, giving you more flexibility to drive when and where you want.
Some details on price promotions from Uber Cities globally:
- Demand will increase, so partners will complete more trips and earn more per hour
- Busy times will be even busier – expect less waiting time between trips on Weekday Mornings, and Friday and Saturday nights
- Increased efficiency: “dead” kilometers will decrease as demand increases.
- Times that used to be quiet will be busier – expect weekdays to start looking more like weekends
- The price change will make Uber accessible to more users, bringing more opportunities to earn and more flexibility for partners
- All over the world, pricing changes have been shown to increase partner earnings – even after including additional fuel, maintenance and other on road costs
The result of this promotional change is that we expect your average trips over the week to increase whilst maintaining the same number of hours online.
This week we will have extended office hours between 3pm and 5pm to attend to any partner / driver concerns.
As always, please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Send us an email!
Bustling streets, dynamic skylines and an exotic nightlife are just a few of the things that make Africa one of the most vibrant hubs in the world. At Uber, we believe that the real magic starts in your very own backyard, which is why we’re giving you the ultimate reason to explore your city this […]
Make the most of your Irish revelry this Thursday, by heading to one of these #UberApproved parties. Simply ride, show your Uber receipt and indulge in a bit of Irish luck! JOHANNESBURG COLONY ARMS: Jozi’s famous watering hole will be handing out a free shooter or beer to everyone who rides with Uber this […]