UBER: Opportunity to own your Smartphone
Uber has partnered with service providers to bring you attractive cell phone and data offers tailored specifically for you as an Uber partner. As of the 1st of September 2015, you will have access to cash or contract deals with these providers.
Owning your own Smartphone and Data Sim Card means that you will have access to email, internet, whatsapp and other communication channels – all key tools needed to manage your business. We are highly encouraging purchasing or moving to your own device as it will become essential for all partners and drivers to have access to these communication channels.
The offer is available to all qualifying partners and drivers – all you need to do is identify the package that is best suited to your needs and contact the necessary provider. Once you have your package in place, return your Uber device and get your security deposit back.
What do you need to operate effectively on the platform
- A Device:
- Apple: iPhone 4S (app functionality limited until July 2016) or newer
- Android Device: The Android Operating System must be 4.0 or newer
- Approved Android devices:
- Alcatel One Touch
- Google Nexus 5
- HTC Desire 326G
- HTC One M8
- Huawei Ascend Y511
- Huawei Ascend G7 LTE
- LG G3 Beat LTE
- LG D3 F60 LTE
- Samsung Ace Style LTE
- Samsung Core Prime
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo
- Samsung Galaxy Mega GT
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- Samsung Galaxy S4
- Samsung Galaxy S5 / S5 Mini
- Samsung Grand 5
- Minimum of 2GB per month
- With the new In App ‘Call Me’ feature you will be using minimal airtime, but more Data
- You simply need to make sure that you have airtime for the feature to work.
Options available to Partners and Drivers that qualify
Cash Deals: Data and phone options
- Corp Connect have a number of Phone and Data Deals on offer
- Phone and Data: Andriod Device + Vodacom 2GB/month (12 months) for R2500
- Data only: Vodacom 2GB/month (12 months) for R1068 (equivalent of R89/month)
- Application Process:
- Download application letter: http://t.uber.com/jhb_corpconnect
- Alternatively visit 126 Stirling Road, Waverley Bowls Club every Wednesday
- Contact: email@example.com with any questions or to find out the qualifying criteria
Contracts: Data and phone options
Choose from 4 different handsets. Each contract comes with 2GB data bundle each month.
- Hauwei G7 (Cost: R310pm) – (Application Form: t.uber.com/CT_huaweiG7)
- Samsung A3 (Cost: R310pm) – (Application Form: t.uber.com/CT_samsungA3)
- Step 1: Download and complete the application cover letter – t.uber.com/CT_tarifficcoverletter
- Step 2: Select your package, complete the relevant application form (links above)
- Step 3: Email your application and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach the following documents to the email:
- Copy of ID Document
- Proof of income (e.g payslip, 3 month bank statements etc..)
- Proof of bank details (e.g. Stamped bank statement)
- Proof of address (e.g. Municipal Bill, Rental agreement etc…)
Not sure how to complete the application? Check this out – t.uber.com/CT_tarifficexample
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 010 140 1709
If you would like a consultant from either CorpConnect or Tarrific to contact you, please complete the following form: http://t.uber.com/jhb_newdevice
What if I do not qualify?
If you would like to purchase your own device but do not qualify and do not have the funds to purchase the cash option, Uber will return your device deposit to you and you will have 10 days in which to return the Uber Device.
If you would like to take advantage of this option please fill out this form: t.uber.com/jhb_byod and your deposit will be returned in your weekly payment.
Please note that if you do not return your phone within 10 days your account will be suspended until you do. Also if the Uber device is stolen or misplaced after we have returned, the deposit charges will begin again for this device.
Once you obtain the device, or if you have one already, you can download the Uber Driver app onto the phone by using the following links:
- iPhone: t.uber.com/ios
- Andriod: t.uber.com/and (or visit the Play Store)
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bustling streets, dynamic skylines and an exotic nightlife are just a few of the things that make Africa one of the most vibrant hubs in the world. At Uber, we believe that the real magic starts in your very own backyard, which is why we’re giving you the ultimate reason to explore your city this […]
Make the most of your Irish revelry this Thursday, by heading to one of these #UberApproved parties. Simply ride, show your Uber receipt and indulge in a bit of Irish luck! JOHANNESBURG COLONY ARMS: Jozi’s famous watering hole will be handing out a free shooter or beer to everyone who rides with Uber this […]