University Entrepreneurs, Investors Are Waiting For Your #UberPITCH
Uber and Seedstars World have teamed up to make life-changing moments available for university entrepreneurs at the tap of a button.
On November 3, students can request for a ride with a distinguished VC to pitch their big idea, by selecting the ‘UberPITCH’ option in your app.
But there’s more
Not only will you be exposed to VCs searching for investment opportunities, one University entrepreneur or start-up idea, will win one of the 12 highly coveted spots in the Seedstars World Pitch Event on December 11th.
THE CHANCE TO COMPETE FOR USD 1.5MN IN EQUITY INVESTMENT IS AVAILABLE ON-DEMAND
How to participate
The finer details
- Rides must be requested from within the NTU, NUS and SMU campus, between 12PM and 4PM
- Don’t forget to enter the code UBERPITCHSG to unlock the UberPITCH option in your app
- You’ll have 15 minutes to pitch, discuss your idea and get feedback from the VC – make every minute count!
- Rides will be limited, don’t be afraid to request more than once!
- Rides are completely free, and will end at your pickup location
Meet your VCs
Patrick Thng is the Singapore Partner of angel investing firm Wesley Clover International; Non Executive Director of Delta Capita Consulting and Director for Executive Initiatives of SIS, Singapore Management University.
Kunal Chowdhry currently manages his family office full-time in Singapore and is an avid angel investor with over 20 investments globally
Patrick is an active early stage investor and Head of Investment for Leo Tech
This is your big chance, don’t forget to share your #UberPITCH experience on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Good luck!
#UberPITCH is supported by our friends at
- The participant must be enrolled in a higher education institute, college, university, or the equivalent of a university (“Higher Education Institution”)
- Read the Seedstars World pitch event terms and conditions here
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.