uberPOOL: Your Questions, Answered
uberPOOL is our new ridesharing option that matches you with other riders coming from the same area, heading in the same direction, at the same time. With uberPOOL, you’ll be able to share your ride and save up to 40%, while getting cars off the road. It’s the future of transportation – be one of the first to try it in Singapore.
HOW IS uberPOOL DIFFERENT?
uberPool works like uberX, with a few differences that help make it a cheaper option:
- You need to enter your destination when you request the trip, so the app can match you with other riders heading in the same direction. This also allows it to quote an upfront fare before you request (this fare is guaranteed regardless of whether you’re matched or not).
- Each rider can have only one destination and you can’t change your pick-up location or destination after you request
- Because you may be sharing your ride with others to save on fares, additional time will be added to your trip time.
- Once you’ve been matched with a co-rider, you’ll receive a notification with that rider’s name and who’s being picked up first. To ensure there’s room for everyone, there only be a maximum of 2 riders per pickup.
HOW DO I BOOK AN uberPOOL RIDE?
uberPOOL relies on the same convenient, safe, and reliable uberX ride you know and love.
- Request: Under uberX, select the uberPOOL option. Set your pick-up location AND destination so you can get the upfront price.
- Ride: You may be matched with another rider traveling along a similar route. Picking up additional riders may add additional time to your trip, but this guarantees a cheaper fare.
- Relax: Sit back, whether or not you’re matched with other riders, you’ll still pay up to 40% less!
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
The quoted fare you’re shown before you request is guaranteed whether you’re matched or not— so you always know how much you pay. Your fare is automatically calculated based on the destination you place as well as the likelihood of getting matched given the time of day and location of your request.
DOES SURGE PRICING APPLY TO uberPOOL?
Yes. uberPOOL fares are estimated in relation to uberX rates. When prices surge on uberX, prices also surge on uberPOOL. That said, uberPOOL will still always be cheaper than uberX since your likelihood of getting matched is taken into consideration when calculating your guaranteed uberPOOL fare.
CAN I BRING OTHER PEOPLE?
Each uberPOOL request may have a maximum of 2 riders per pickup, which you can select in the app when you request. Feel free to bring a friend!
HOW IS MY CO-RIDER CHOSEN?
Co-riders are matched according to similar pick-up locations and destinations. As always, we’re always aiming to take you on the most efficient route based on your request. Once you start your uberPOOL trip, you can’t ask the driver to cancel on the other rider.
WHAT IF I DON’T MATCH WITH ANOTHER RIDER?
If there is no rider near you with a similar route, you’ll get a solo ride (just like taking uberX), but will still only pay the guaranteed fare quoted in the app before you requested.
WHAT TYPE OF CAR WILL I GET?
You’ll share one of the vehicles that’s otherwise available on uberX.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE? WILL I GO OUT OF MY WAY?
We match riders in a way that does not significantly increase your trip time, nor take you far out of the way. If you get matched with another person, expect that just additional time will be added to your total trip time. If there is no rider near you with a similar route, you’ll get a solo ride, just like taking uberX (but cheaper!).
I WAS PICKED UP FIRST—WHY WAS I DROPPED OFF SECOND?
We map the route to be the most efficient possible. That means that sometimes you will be picked up first and dropped off second, but your total trip time will be minimised.
CAN I BRING LUGGAGE?
Yes, you can. Taking uberPOOL is one of the most cost-efficient ways to go to the airport! But remember—there will need to be room for another person and their belongings in the car.
CAN I CANCEL THE TRIP?
When you request uberPOOL, you’re making a commitment to both your co-rider and the driver. You’d be advised that the waiting time is 2 minutes on POOL. Cancellations damage both of their experiences, so please don’t leave them hanging! You’ll be charged a $6 fee immediately if you cancel a ride.
CAN I CHANGE MY DESTINATION OR PICKUP LOCATION?
Because we use your pick-up location and destination when matching you with another rider, you cannot change either once you’ve requested the trip.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.