Uber Year in Review 2016 – Terms
Every month, millions of people use Uber to get where they’re going. We’ve compiled our trip data to create a pilot year-in-review program that reveals how riders in Singapore, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Manila and Jakarta moved in 2016.
With this campaign, we wanted to thank all our riders for a great year and show them how we’ve journeyed together with them throughout their lives in 2016. In as much as riders and drivers have journeyed with Uber, we have also journeyed with them; making our platform better with every trip. Together, we are changing the way the world moves across our cities.
Data and Privacy –
Your data privacy is important to us. Unless you choose to share any of the stats displayed, your personalised data is visible only to yourself.
Methodology on City-Specific Stats –
- Total KM Travelled Calculated by counting the distance covered in completed trips by riders within the city in 2016
- Top Destination: Ranked by counting the number of unique trips ending at the destination
- Countries visited by a city’s residents: Counted on the basis of the number of unique cities that residents requested an Uber in this year
- First/last mile transit (Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta): Calculated by counting all completed trips starting or end within 200 metres of a train station in 2016
- Late night rides (Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta): Calculated by counting all completed trips starting or ending between 10PM and 2AM [measured between June to September of 2016]
- POOL Environmental Impact (Manila, Singapore)
- Vehicle KM reduced: Total Vehicle Kilometres Travelled saved by riders taking uberPOOL in 2016
- Litres of Fuel Saved: Litres of gasoline saved by riders taking uberPOOL in trips 2016. Assumes average of 50 mpg per Uber car
- Kilograms of CO2 saved: Total CO2 emissions saved by riders requesting uberPOOL trips in 2016
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.