Share the Warmth
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! This holiday season, we’re teaming up with Goodwill® again to make donating easier.
It can be tough finding time to make it to your local donation center during the holidays, so we’re bringing Goodwill® to you. If you’ll be in Boston, New York City, or San Francisco on Tuesday, November 25, you can request a free, on-demand donation pickup of the clothes you no longer need.
“During this season of giving, your donations create jobs and help fund Goodwill’s employment, job training and other community-based services for people in your community,” said Jim Gibbons, president and CEO of Goodwill Industries International. “We are grateful for our donors, especially during this busy winter season, for taking the time to donate and help people build their careers and care for their families.”
– Jim Gibbons, president and CEO of Goodwill Industries International
HOW IT WORKS:
- Bag up your gently worn jackets, shirts, pants, blouses and any other items of clothing you’re willing to donate.
- Open your Uber app on Tuesday, November 25.
- Request GIVE at the bottom of the screen.
- An SUV will arrive to pick up your gently used clothing and drop off your donation to a local Goodwill free of charge.
- All clothing must be bagged for drivers to accept your donation
- Drivers will arrive at your requested pick-up location. Please keep in mind drivers can’t leave vehicles unattended, so we ask that you bring your bagged clothing out to meet your driver when they arrive.
- Click your city below for important information.
NEW YORK CITY
- Donation requests will be available in Manhattan from 2pm – 8pm.
- Riders who donate should email Goodwill NYNJ to receive a tax-deductible receipt.
- Include the following information in your email: Name, Address, Phone #, Date of Pickup, Location of Pickup, # of Bags, Itemized List of Donations.
- Donation requests will be available in the SF 7×7 from 10am – 5pm.
- Riders who donate can create an account on SFGoodwill.org and request a donation receipt.
- Donation requests will be available in Boston area from 9am – 3pm.
- Riders who donate can download a donation receipt from GoodwillMass.org.
Since Goodwill will be coming to you, use this as an opportunity to donate more than just a few things. Go through your closets and find everything you and your family no longer wear, then add it to the bag — or bags!
It’s the giving season and we expect there to be high demand, so please be patient. If you’ve already cleaned out your closet or if the promotion isn’t happening in your hometown, you can still help your local Goodwill® by making a monetary donation here.
Goodwill® helps people who are striving to earn paychecks, build their careers, support their families and build stronger communities. By donating, you’re helping Goodwill® put people to work. Thank you, and Happy Thanksgiving!
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.