Don’t Fumble: Your Guide to Getting Around
Who is going to win Sunday’s Big Game? How many special guests will appear during halftime? Who will release the best commercial?
The week ahead is full of unpredictability, but one thing’s for sure: more than 1 million football fans will touch down in San Francisco, and the city is going to be busy. To celebrate our home city and make life easier for locals and visitors alike, we’ve compiled some tips, set up pickup and dropoff zones near the action, and have launched POOLtrain, allowing you to ride uberPOOL to and from Caltrain stations up and down the Peninsula.
Visting Super Bowl City?
From January 30 to February 7, the Super Bowl Host Committee has put together a free-to-the-public village featuring events, activities, food, and at Justin Herman Plaza on the Embarcadero. Uber has a designated pickup and dropoff area at the site, allowing you to pair an affordable, reliable ride with public transportation, or you can count on Uber to bring you to your final destination. Request your ride once you reach the designated area.
Going to the Big Game?
With Uber as an official ridesharing partner of the Super Bowl 50 Host Committee, getting to and from the Big Game has never been easier. With a designated pickup and dropoff lot within walking distance of Levi’s Stadium, and the launch of POOLtrain which will allow you to share a ride and save 15% on rides to or from all Caltrain stations, we want to make pushing a button a getting a ride the smoothest game day experience yet.
Fans taking Uber from the game should exit through Snickers Entry Plaza at Gate A, walk West on Tamsman Drive, then North on the Great America Parkway to the Uber Pickup Lot.
Uber and Safety
Moving people—the world’s most precious cargo—from A to B is a huge responsibility. We’re commited to the safety of riders and drivers, and have built features within the Uber app that help make your ride safe and secure before, during, and after your trip.
- When you request a ride, you’ll see your driver’s name, vehicle, and license plate in the app. Verify your driver before you begin your trip.
- Securely contact your driver within the app via text or mobile message. We use technology that allows us to anonymize rider and driver phone numbers.
- Share your trip status with friends. They’ll be able to follow your ride as you go, and can see when you’ll arrive at your destination.
- Riders should add their destination in the app to make for a smoother experience.
Riding Uber in the Bay Area
San Francisco is our hometown—and the original Uber city. Riding around the Bay Area is a convenient, hassle-free experience, but there a few things to keep in mind.
- Uber driver-partners are not allowed to pick up or drop off riders on Market Street. If that’s your starting location, request on a side street instead.
- If you’re looking for the cheapest Uber ride available, opt for uberPOOL. uberPOOL allows you to share a ride with a nearby rider headed in the same direction. Rides are up to 75% cheaper than uberX, and uberPOOL is the most popular way to Uber around the city (but note, you can only bring 1 other person along).
- If you have more than 4 riders, choose uberXL or Uber SUV for rides up to 6 people, then split the fare within the app to share the cost.
- UberBLACK is the most luxurious ride available in the Bay Area. For details on pricing, visit the Uber San Francisco site.
Every SF resident knows: good food is in the DNA of our city. Starting today, we’re thrilled to bring you the flavors and dishes that make San Francisco the world’s best food city – in 10 minutes or less. Are you ready? UberEATS is served.