Your Ride, Your Music
Whether it’s a 5 minute trip or an hour long journey, nothing helps you get in the groove like music. The right song can turn a stressful morning into a peaceful commute, liven up the trip to dinner with friends, or break the ice with your driver.
That’s why we’re excited to launch a new and improved rider music experience. You now have two ways to customize your ride, and can use Pandora and Spotify Premium to play music from your Uber app.
Ready to tune your ride? With Pandora, you can enjoy endless listening of all your favorite stations for free – simply create an account or log into your existing one. Or, if you’re a Spotify Premium user, you can play your on-demand library ad free, or simply pick the perfect playlist for any journey.
Plus, your music will automatically play once the driver starts the trip, seamlessly flowing from your home to your phone to your Uber. With more drivers connected to music via Bluetooth, USB or an auxiliary cord, there’s more opportunity to listen to the songs you love during your ride.
Here’s how it works:
- Once you’re matched with a driver who has connected music, you’ll see the music bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the bar to sign up or log into an existing Pandora or Spotify Premium account.
- If you use Spotify Premium, the music will pick up from where you last left off. If your driver is using Pandora, you can preview what station and song is being played.
- Choose a song, station, or playlist. Music will start when your trip begins.
- Want to skip the song, or change the station? You can do so right from the Uber app.
Since we launched ad-free Pandora for drivers in June, drivers have played over 60 million songs – that’s over 4 million hours of music – with Drake, Future, Beyonce, Adele, and Bruno Mars as some of the most played stations. So, whether you’re rocking out to your own playlist or to your driver’s, you may find yourself taking an extra loop around the block to finish that song.
Rider Music will be rolling out to users throughout the next few weeks, so keep your eyes and ears peeled! Be sure to look for exciting experiences brought to you by Uber and Pandora over the coming months as well!
ALL THE DETAILS:
- Rider music is only available on iOS and will be coming to Android users in the future.
- Music with Pandora is available to riders and drivers in the US, Australia and New Zealand.
- Rider music with Spotify Premium is available to riders in all 59 markets where Spotify is available.
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.
It’s official: the Uber Driver App for iOS is now available for download in the App Store. And to celebrate, we’ve put together a list of the top 9 things you probably didn’t know about the Uber Driver App for iOS. Once you’ve taken a look, head on over to the App Store and take it for a spin.