New Changes to Uber iPhones
PLEASE NOTE THIS ONLY APPLIES TO UBER PARTNERS IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Hi Uber Partners,
You can now install the Uber Partner app on your own phone, or continue to use an iPhone provided by Uber.
Using an Uber Phone
If you choose to continue using an Uber-provided iPhone, Uber will begin assessing a $10-per-week service fee that will partially offset the fixed costs Uber incurs for each driver to use the platform, including the costs of the Uber-provided iPhone as well as the monthly data plan. You will see the first $10 deduction on your statement on Monday 23rd March.
If you prefer to use your own phone, please return the device in working condition during open hours and we will refund any deposit you may have paid. We will be open this week on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, 4:00pm – 5:00pm at the Bedford Bowls Club, 145 Grand Prom. Bedford.
Using Your Own Phone
You can avoid the device service fee by using your own iPhone or Android device with the Uber Partner application. In order to download the Uber driver app you will need to have access to a smartphone that has either the Android or iOS (iPhone) operating system.
Download on Android
1. Head to the ‘Play Store’ on your phone
2. Search ‘UberPartner‘ (one word)
3. Click Install
* Eligible for a 2013 Android device, version 4.0 or newer
Download on an iPhone
1. Open ‘Safari’ on your iPhone
2. Type ‘http://t.uber.com/ios‘ into the web link
3. Click Install!
* Eligible for 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, 6 and 6+ iPhones running iOS 7 or iOS8
– Using the app on your own phone will use 1-2GB of data per month for heavy users
– If you receive a phone call while running the Uber app, the app will continue running normally in the background while you are on the phone
– You can switch back to using an Uber iPhone at any time (with the associated $10/week service fee)
If you have any questions, feel free to shoot us an email at email@example.com
Sam, Barry and the Uber Perth team.