uberXL: More Room for What Matters
Whether it’s spending a weekend with the whole family in the mall, heading out for a night you won’t forget with your friends, or to the airport for that once-in-a-lifetime trip, there are moments when there just may not be enough room in an uberX.
That’s why we’re excited to announce that starting Friday, May 12th 2017, riders in Manila can begin requesting for uberXL, our newest product made for groups of up to 6 people (or anybody who wants the extra space).
You enjoy the same reliable, tap-of-a-button rides you’ve come to love, at a price more affordable than requesting for 2 uberX cars. With uberXL, you now have more room for what matters.
What else can I expect from uberXL?
- Bigger cars: AUVs which can comfortably sit groups of up to 6 riders, including Toyota Innovas, Mitsubishi Adventures, Isuzu Crosswinds, and Suzuki Ertigas, among others.
- Upfront pricing: Similar to other Uber products, the Uber app will show will show you how much you pay for your uberXL trip before you request a ride. For a fare just up to 50% more than uberX, you’re guaranteed a bigger car with more room and seats.
Who is uberXL for?
uberXL will be available 24/7 for all Uber riders, but will be particularly appreciated by:
- Big families going out on weekends
- Barkadas heading out for a night on the town
- Riders running errands (eg. going to the grocery, moving things around)
- Travellers and balikbayans heading to/from the airport
Can I still split the fare of one ride?
Yes! Sharing is caring. You can still split fare with any and each of the other passengers in the car with you.
Don’t see the uberXL option yet on your Uber app? Don’t worry! Not all riders will have the option available right away, but we’ll be gradually expanding the product for everybody to enjoy by Saturday, May 20, 2017.
Manila, Tuesday, 27 December – On the day before Christmas, the Land Transportation and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) called on Uber and the other Transport Network Company (TNC) operating in the country to explain their pricing structure in light of what the LTFRB claims to be numerous complaints on higher fares particularly during the weeks leading […]
We’re thrilled to introduce you to uberPOOL – our ridesharing option that matches you with others coming from the same area, heading the same direction, at the same time. Currently in its testing phase, uberPOOL allows you to share your ride and save on costs, while getting cars off the road. It’s the future of transportation. […]