Uber Safety in Oregon
As we build a home here in Oregon, we want you to know exactly what you should expect from us when it comes to safety. No matter where you are, our goal is to always move Oregonians around in a safe and reliable manner.
Before you take an Uber ride:
ALL Uber driver partners must undergo a rigorous background screening process before they are able to get on the road.
- We use an accredited third party service to go to the source of county, state and federal records, for the past 7 years and pending infractions
- This meticulous record screening also scrutinizes the National Sex Offender Public Website, a lifetime Social Security trace, and DMV Records in multiple jurisdictions, not just in the state where the person is applying
- We have a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy and continuously monitor the individual’s DMV records to ensure they maintain a pattern of safe driving
ALL vehicles on the Uber platform must meet stringent safety standards
- 2005 or newer four-door vehicles
- Local, certified mechanics perform a 19-point vehicle inspection that includes everything from measuring the width of the brake pads to the depth of the tire threads
During an Uber ride:
- Every point of an Uber ride is covered by Uber’s primary $1 million commercial insurance–from the moment a driver partner accepts a ride to the moment the rider is dropped off
- Rest assured, you are covered throughout the ride. Uber also carries a $1 million in uninsured/underinsured coverage for every ride.
- When a driver partner is not on a trip, Uber has a contingent insurance policy that doubles what the state of Oregon requires of all motorists
When it comes to safety, we are always raising the bar.
We have included in-app safety measures for everyone to feel at ease before, during, and after a trip:
- Once you request an Uber ride, a photo, license plate number, make and model, and location of the Uber partner and vehicle will always be available
- During the trip you can share your ETA with anyone on your phone and they will get a text message that links to your real-time route
- After the ride, you will be prompted to rate your driver and provide immediate feedback. The driver will be prompted to do the same for you
-Uber Oregon Team
Last updated March 11, 2016
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.