O #UberTREE, O #UberTREE
Instead of spending your weekend wrestling with a tree from the not-so-near farm or slushy street corner, kick back, pour yourself an extra glass of eggnog and watch your app as Uber takes care of the heavy lifting. With the help of The Home Depot and a bit of holiday magic, Uber will deliver a live tree to your doorstep with the touch of a button.
WE’RE DELIVERING TREES ON-DEMAND
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5th
HOW IT WORKS
- Download the Uber app for iPhone, Android, or Blackberry
- Between 11am – 8pm Thursday, request the “UberTREE” option via your app
- If your timing is right, you’ll have a tree, stand, and an Uber gift delivered to your front door within minutes
- Keep in mind, availability will be very limited
In 10 participating Uber cities, we’re delivering only the freshest of cuts, furnished by The Home Depot. Here’s what you can expect on your doorstep in a matter of minutes:
|Fraser Fir7-8 ft.$135||Noble Fir7-8 ft.$135|
|New York City||❆|
THE FULL WRAP-UP
- Cost = $135 (these trees are for keep, so no refunds)
- Each UberTREE includes a 7-8 ft. netted tree, tree stand, and Uber gift
- Trees will be delivered to the first point of entry at your delivery location
- No cash required! Your UberTREE will be charged to the credit card, PayPal or Google Wallet tied to your Uber account
‘TIS THE SEASON FOR SHARING
Whether you’re looking to spruce up your office or decorate your dorm room, use the fare split feature to make this offer even sweeter.
Don’t forget to spread the #UberTREE cheer by sharing your experience on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Let It Snow,
Today, I’m excited to announce that Arianna Huffington will join Uber’s board. For those of us who know Arianna, it’s clear she knows a thing or two about being an entrepreneur. As the founder and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post, she’s built one of the most successful, innovative media companies in the world… from scratch. […]
As a data-driven company, we understand the power of information for communities. Since day one, our mission has been to connect people with reliable rides through the use of data and technology. As our footprint has grown throughout the years, so has our ability to use the Uber network in different ways. Starting today and […]
Today, we are excited to announce that Uber will give $5.5M to support a new robotics faculty chair as well as three fellowships at CMU. This gift is part of a partnership we announced earlier this year. In addition, we’re pumped to be part of a growing innovation ecosystem in Pittsburgh that includes world leading research institutions and companies, as well as an increasing number of start-ups.