UberPITCH Comes to Miami
Miami entrepreneurs, your big break is arriving now.
For Miami Tech Week, we’re teaming up with local investors to deliver opportunity at the tap of a button. On Wednesday, December 9 from 11 am – 3 pm, you could have 15 minutes to pitch your startup idea to an investor – all in the backseat of an Uber ride.
That’s not all: The entrepreneur that delivers the winning pitch will receive a prize courtesy of Rokk3r Labs – either $5,000 to invest in his / her startup OR an invitation to participate in Rokk3r Lab’s exclusive Think Phase program, valued at $25,000.
UBERPITCH BRINGS POTENTIAL INVESTORS TO YOU – AND A CHANCE TO WIN
HOW IT WORKS
|David Chitester||Florida Funders|
|David Rivera||Independent Angel Investor|
|Estaban Reyes||57 Capital|
|Kathleen Chitester||Florida Funders|
|Mike O’Donnell||Startup Biz|
|Natasha Petrukhin||Rokk3r Labs|
|Nico Bernardi||Accelerated Growth Partners|
|Paul Taormino||Tamiami Angels|
|Rhys Williams||New World Angels|
|Richard Yules||New World Angels|
|RJ Joshi||Cross Valley Capital|
WANT TO PRACTICE YOUR PITCH?
- Venture Hive is hosting a free pitch class Tuesday, December 8 from 2 – 4 pm (Venture Hive, 1010 NE 2nd Ave, Miami 33132) RSVP HERE
UBERPITCH GRAND PRIZE + CLOSING RECEPTION
- The entrepreneurs with the top 5 pitches will be invited to a final round to pitch before a panel of judges for the grand prize at the PITCH closing reception, Wednesday, December 9 @ 4:30 pm at WeWork Lincoln Road. RSVP HERE
- WeWork Lincoln Road is located at 350 Lincoln Road, however the entrance is on Washington Avenue. Upon arrival, please proceed to the second floor. See you there!
- About the Think Phase program: The Rokk3r Labs Think Phase delivers go-to market and funding strategies, market analysis, tech roadmap, and a budget/operational plan for any startup idea, at any stage. With 3 billion new minds coming online, and the rate of innovation skyrocketing as a result of technologies like artificial intelligence, 3D printing, and machine learning becoming more accessible, the Think Phase helps entrepreneurs navigate the unknown with confidence.
- Think Phase guidelines:
- The Think Phase does not guarantee any kind of business success following its completion.
- Rokk3r Labs and the entrepreneur(s) are not obligated to continue the partnership after the Think Phase is completed, unless mutually agreed.
- To the best of the entrepreneur(s’) knowledge, their concept does not infringe/violate intellectual property of any third party.
- A standard Rokk3r Labs Think Phase legal agreement will be shared with the entrepreneur(s) to review prior to starting the Think Phase.
- About Rokk3r Labs: Rokk3r Labs is the best place in the world to launch companies that change the world. It is a platform for entrepreneurs to create startups that perform at least 10x greater than competitors, and a strategic partner for investors and organizations to increase value, mitigate risks and stay at the edge of innovation. With a focus on leveraging exponential technologies (e.g., the blockchain, artificial intelligence, and 3D printing) and implementing new-age methods of raising capital, Rokk3r Labs is harnessing global collective genius to cobuild companies that change the world. Currently, Rokk3r Labs has a portfolio of 26 companies. Visit www.rokk3rlabs.com to learn more.
ROKK3R LABS PITCH CRITERIA
Investors will rank each pitch on a scale of 1 – 10, considering the following main criteria outlined by Rokk3r Labs:
The big-vision potential of the idea to change the world or cause a massive cultural shift;
The potential of the idea to leverage algorithms, machine learning, and other exponential technologies that are rapidly accelerating the rate of innovation;
The investor’s likelihood of investing in the entrepreneur based on the drive, passion and excitement of the entrepreneur with respect to entrepreneurship and their idea.
The top 5 ranked pitches will be announced at the event, where these entrepreneurs will get to pitch. In the event of a tie, the qualitative comments from the investors will be leveraged to break the tie. Each entrepreneur will be given 3 minutes to pitch their idea, and the judging panel will reserve an additional 2 minutes for Q&A. A panel of judges will judge the 5 pitches based on the 3 criteria above, and in addition, will more in-depth consider the following 5 components:
Product/Market fit – what is the potential of this idea to achieve the the best product/market fit.
Technology innovation – what is the potential of this idea to properly leverage technology and is there room for this to be taken to the next level.
Validation – to what extent has this idea been validated against one or a number of target groups, and what is the potential for this as the idea progresses.
Revenue/User generation – what is the potential of this idea to either generate revenue, or acquire a large group of users, and what is the potential time frame for this.
Experience – how does this idea put a target user at the centre of the experience, and how will the idea help the target user execute a task or solve a problem.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.