Know the FACTS about Uber in Broward County
As of 7am July 31, Uber has suspended operations in Broward County because of hostile new regulations passed by the County Commission.
Help bring back Uber in Broward. Share one of these facts on Facebook or Twitter:
- Nearly 25% of Uber rides in Broward County are taken during peak times for drunk driving-related incidents. #BrowardNeedsUber
- More than 50 cities, counties & states have adopted smart, modern ridesharing regulations. Broward is not one of them. #BrowardNeedsUber
- AZ, AR, CA, CO, DC, GA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, ME, MT, NE, NV, ND, OK, SC, TN, WI have modern ridesharing regs, but not us. #BrowardNeedsUber
- 80,000+ people, city mayors & biz community urged Commission to create a home for Uber in Broward Co. They didn’t listen. #BrowardNeedsUber
- 78% say Uber makes their friends less likely to drink and drive. Uber can help keep drunk drivers off the road. #BrowardNeedsUber
- 70% of the U.S. – 223 million people – have access to safe, reliable transportation through Uber. #BrowardNeedsUber
- 2000+ Broward County Uber partners can no longer earn $ providing rides in their own community #BrowardNeedsUber
5 Commissioners is all it takes to bring Uber back by changing the ordinance when they return from break.
60 seconds is all it takes to help us persuade them.
Make sure to tell your friends and family #BrowardNeedsUber
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.