Supporting South Florida’s LGBT community
Like people across the world, we were deeply shocked and saddened by the recent murders at a gay nightclub in Orlando. The world is a brighter and better place when we are all free to be ourselves. And we want to bring people together, no matter who you are or where you’re from.
To celebrate life and love in all its forms, this weekend we’ll be offering free rides to and from places around South Florida that are important to the history and culture of the local LGBT community.
Just open the Uber app, request an uberX or uberPOOL, and get picked up or dropped off at any of the following locations—a discount of up to $20 will be automatically applied:
- Twist | 1057 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139
- The Palace | 1200 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139
- Score | 1437 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139
- Hotel Gaythering | 1409 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach, FL 33139
- LGBT Visitor Center | 1130 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139
- Azucar | 2301 SW 32nd Ave, Miami, FL 33145
- Bailo Nightclub | 7020 NW 72nd Ave, Miami, FL 33166
- The Manor | 2345 Wilton Dr, Wilton Manors, FL 33305
- Georgie’s Alibi | 2266 Wilton Dr, Wilton Manors, FL 33305
- Rosie’s Bar and Grill | 2449 Wilton Dr, Wilton Manors, FL 33305
- Progress Bar | 2440 Wilton Dr, Wilton Manors, FL 33305
- Rumors Bar and Grill | 2426 Wilton Dr, Wilton Manors, FL 33305
If you’d like to help the Orlando community, please consider giving to the OneOrlando Fund.
(The fine print: this offer is limited to two rides per person, up to $20 per ride and is valid from 12pm local time on Friday, June 17 through 11:59pm local time on Monday, June 20.)
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior headed back to campus this fall, one thing is certain—you’ll need to eat. And there is nothing worse than being limited to questionable cafeteria food or taking a chance on expired leftovers in the back of the fridge. The best news? UberEATS is expanding to 30+ major college campuses by the end of the year, from Penn State to LSU to Boise State. Since we want you to focus on what you love about college and not worry about your next meal, we’re predicting the 5 times you’ll need to order UberEATS this semester.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.