Feeding our community
In South Florida, nearly 1 million people are food insecure, and we ask you to join us to help put food on the table. This week, we’re teaming up with The Pantry of Broward, which provides nutritional food to seniors struggling to live on low fixed incomes and grandparents raising their grandchildren.
On Friday, March 20, request GIVE between 10am-2pm and donate non-perishable food items to The Pantry of Broward
|TELL YOUR FRIENDS|
The items most in need are canned fruits and vegetables, canned soups, pasta, rice, peanut butter/jelly and low-sugar cereals. An Uber driver-partner will pick up your donation of 3 items or more and deliver them for free directly to The Pantry of Broward.
South Florida residents deserve a meal on the table—and we thank you for joining Uber and The Pantry of Broward to help. Your contribution will make a difference.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Tonight, collect non-perishable food items.
- Tomorrow, March 20, open your Uber app between 10am-2pm.
- Toggle to GIVE at the bottom of your screen and hit request.
- An SUV will arrive at no cost to pick up your donation and bring it to The Pantry of Broward.
- Each GIVE request must include a minimum donation of 3 items.
- Food items must be non-perishable (think canned vegetables and fruits, pasta, peanut butter, and both hot and cold cereal), and cannot be dented, opened, or have passed expiration dates.
- A driver will arrive at your requested pick-up location. Please keep in mind drivers can’t leave vehicles unattended, so we ask that you bring your food donation to the driver when he or she arrives. (Please note: drivers will not pick up perishable or non-food items.)
Not able to donate food items? You can always consider making a donation online to help keep The Pantry of Broward running. Click here to learn more about The Pantry of Broward’s work and to donate.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.