PLEASE NOTE THIS ONLY APPLIES TO UBER PARTNERS IN VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA
There are many reasons why people love Uber. We offer a safe, reliable and great value ride. However, what really gets people talking about Uber is the quality of the service that our partner drivers deliver each and every time they step into an Uber. Being able to rely on receiving a great quality ride is what gets them riding more often, ensuring that partners can get more trips and earn more money.
How to get 5 stars every time.
At the end of each ride, the rider will rate you from 1 to 5 stars. If they give a rating of 3 stars or less they will be prompted to provide specific feedback by pressing a range of options. These include:
- Water and mints – this is the Uber standard around the world. Riders absolutely love it when you offer them water and mints. More often than not they don’t take them – they just like to be asked! It’s a very small investment in spreading the Uber love far and wide!
- Inefficient route – this is our number one complaint from riders. It is important that you use a GPS and pay attention to where you are going. For many trips we now also have in-built navigation in the rider app. Head here for more information on in-app navigation.
- Car cleanliness – your car wants to be clean and smelling fresh at all times. It should be something you take pride in!
- Mount your phone – riders like to see your Uber phone when they get in the car. It reconfirms that they’ve got the right driver, not to mention it makes it easier for you to operate!
- Professionalism – are you well-presented, drive carefully, open doors when possible and p.p riders with their luggage? Then you are a professional!
- Attitude – be yourself but also be friendly and polite. Most riders love to chat but also be aware of the times when they are tired and prefer peace.
If you focus on doing all of the above every time, your rating should never be an issue. For more information please see these videos.
What happens if my star rating is low?
The great thing about Uber is the flexibility of work – it’s completely up to you when, where, and for how long you go online. However, as a condition of using the software, it is important that partners are delivering the great service that our riders expect. If the level of service isn’t up to rider expectations they stop using the system, which means less trips for partners.
In order to help you maintain a high star rating we conduct regular quality checks on a range of metrics. If you are performing under rider expectations in any metric we may ask you to come into the office so we can provide you with specific feedback in order to help you improve.
There are some actions that are unacceptable on the Uber platform.
- Inappropriate behaviour. Uber is a community of many cultures, races, and religions. Be mindful of the language you use, topics of conversation and your body language as peoples perceptions may be different to your own.
- Contacting a rider once a trip is complete. If you need to get in a touch with a rider once a trip is complete (ie. if they left an item in the car) please do not contact them directly. Instead send an email to your cities email address and we’ll get in touch for you.
- Accepting cash. Riders love Uber because of the ease of payment. If you have technically difficulties on a trip don’t worry, we can fix it up for you one the trips complete. Never compensate for technical issues by accepting cash.
- Drive on the wrong account. You go through a number of background checks in order to become an Uber partner. Please make sure you never drive on the someone else’s account or have someone else drive on your account.
- Drive on the wrong vehicle. You cannot drive any vehicle that is not listed in your account. If you’d like to add a second vehicle just send us in the documents and we’ll add it to your account!
- Calling a rider for a destination. You get given the riders pick up address when you accept a job but will not know where they’re going until you pick them up. Never call a rider and ask them where they’re going before you arrive at their pick up location.
If any of the above occur you may lose access to the Uber Partner app.
Your star rating is a great way to see what riders think of the services you’re providing – you should be proud of it! You should aim for 4.6 stars and above. If your rating falls below average we may ask you to come into the office so we can provide you with some tailored feedback.
If your rating continues to be below average you may lose access to the Uber Partner app.
Part of providing a 5 star service is providing a reliable ride. Even if your rating is very good, if you’re not accepting every trip request that comes through to you you’re making the Uber system unreliable. You should be aiming for an acceptance rate of at least 90%.
If your acceptance rate is below average you may lose access to the Uber Partner app.
Help us maintain 5 star riders!
If you’re providing a 5 star service it’s only fair to expect a 5 star riders, right? We think so too which is why, similar to the way we monitor partner quality, we also monitor rider quality. As a partner driver you have a big role to play in this. Be sure you rate each rider appropriately at the end of a trip so that we have an accurate reflection of their behaviour – and remember, all ratings are anonymous!
Questions? Visit help.uber.com!
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior headed back to campus this fall, one thing is certain—you’ll need to eat. And there is nothing worse than being limited to questionable cafeteria food or taking a chance on expired leftovers in the back of the fridge. The best news? UberEATS is expanding to 30+ major college campuses by the end of the year, from Penn State to LSU to Boise State. Since we want you to focus on what you love about college and not worry about your next meal, we’re predicting the 5 times you’ll need to order UberEATS this semester.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.