UberEATS – the keys to success
UberEATS is a food delivery platform that allows eaters in Melbourne to order food from a restaurant at the push of a button and have it delivered to their door by an Uber delivery partner.
The UberEATS trip starts with a hungry person in Melbourne who orders food from a restaurant using the UberEATS app. When the restaurant has received the request, they will start to prepare the order. Only when the order is READY will a courier be requested to pick the order up from the restaurant. Once you pick the order up from the restaurant you will be directed to the eater’s location to give them the order.
What are the keys to success on UberEATS?
UberEATS is a food delivery platform which means high quality service involves:
- Completing the trip in the shortest amount of time
- Ensuring the meal is not damaged and is at the same temperature it was at when the restaurant handed it over
1. Completing a trip quickly
Use the pick up instructions in the app to find the best place to park / wait at the restaurant
- The ONLY way you can find these is if you use UBER MAPS (if you use Google Maps or WAZE then you will have to click back into the Uber app to find the pick up instructions)
Once you have received the food from the restaurant, make your way to the eater’s location using the most efficient route. When you reach the eater’s location, we suggest that you park your vehicle and hand over the order at the eater’s door (so long as parking and security allows you to reach the eater’s door!). If you cannot reach the eater’s door, you can give them a call through the Uber app to coordinate the pick-up.
2. Delivering a tasty meal
Uber has provided you with an insulated food delivery bag – make sure you have this with you at all times! The insulated food delivery bag ensures two things:
- The food temperature is maintained
- If the food spills, it avoids spills and smells in or on your vehicle
If you are delivering on a motorbike, consider strapping your insulated food delivery backpack onto your motorbike like this delivery partner has:
How to complete an UberEATS trip?
When you receive an UberEATS trip request, the screen will say “UBEREATS” at the top:
When you accept an UberEATS trip request, you will be directed towards the restaurant to pick up the food. When you arrive at the restaurant you will see the pick up instructions that guide you to the best place to wait. Note that you will only see these pick up instructions if you are using Uber maps. If you are using Google Maps or WAZE, then click back into the Uber app when you have arrived at the restaurant to see the pick up instructions.
When the restaurant is handing over the food, click on the “VERIFY ITEMS” button and you will see the following screen:
We suggest that you verbally confirm the items on the “VERIFY ORDER” screen are in the bag that the restaurant is handing you. Once you have confirmed the order, click “YES” to confirm all items are accounted for.
Only when you verify the items will you be able to swipe right to START TRIP. Once you have started the trip, you will be directed to the drop off location where the eater will be waiting.
You should only end an UberEATS trip when you have handed over the order to the customer. Remember that the UberEATS fare is based on time and distance so you don’t want to miss out by ending the trip too early!
Want to contact someone on the trip?
There are three parties that you can contact during an UberEATS trip:
- The restaurant, before you have started the trip and if you have any issues with the PICK UP only. Restaurant = SENDER in the Contact section of the app.
- The eater, after you have started the trip and if you have any issues with the DROP OFF only. Eater = RECIPIENT in the Contact section of the app.
- UBER if you cannot contact the restaurant or the eater, you can contact Uber.
Who to contact if you are having issues with picking up the order?
- You should only ever contact the restaurant if you are having issues with picking up the order from the restaurant.
- You should NEVER call the eater in this situation – preparing the order is out of their control!
- If the restaurant cannot help you, then you should contact Uber.
Who to contact if you are having issues with dropping off the order?
- You should only ever contact the eater if you are having issues with dropping off the order.
- You should NEVER call the restaurant in this situation – finding the eater is out of their control!
- If you cannot contact the eater, then you should contact Uber.
How do you contact Uber?
The UberEATS hotline is 1 800 839 156 – we suggest you save this number in your mobile. Please note we will only answer questions about a LIVE UBEREATS TRIP and nothing else. For all other queries, please let us know via typing your issue through the support function in the app or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
When to go online UberEATS?
UberEATS gets busy during lunch and dinner time. We typically see the busy lunch period as 11am to 2pm and the busy dinner time as 5pm to 9pm. You can see a typical Monday’s UberEATS trip request volume on the chart below:
If you are an uberX partner, you would see that the busy times on UberEATS are typically the downtimes on uberX!
Where to go online UberEATS?
UberEATS will start off in the following areas:
You can see the exact footprint on this map:
Feel free to email us at email@example.com or alternatively drop into the Partner Support Centre at 64 Gwynne Street, Cremorne, 3121 between 10am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 4pm on Saturdays.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.