Uber | Volkswagen On Demand Charity Drive With The Stars
Here’s your chance to be driven around by your favourite celebrity!
Uber and Volkswagen Malaysia, together with 52 of Malaysia’s biggest celebrities, are coming together in a massive, city-wide charity fundraising on-demand event. On Friday, the 12th of December 2014, from 10.00am to 5.00pm, your local celebrities will be driving in vehicles specially provided by Volkswagen, picking up riders who have requested through the Uber platform and raising funds for their charity of choice. All funds collected from these Celebrity Drives will then be matched by both Uber and Volkswagen Malaysia, on a reciprocal basis depending on the number of trips made, and channeled to the 31 different charities.
Enough already – tell me how I can get driven around by a celebrity!
- Open your Uber app, slide right to “UberVW”, set your pickup location and click ‘Request Celebrity’.
- If there is an available Celebrity Driver near you, you will have a chance to be driven by this surprise celebrity!
- Demand will be very high with limited availability, so if you don’t get a Celebrity Driver immediately, please keep requesting and don’t give up!
- There will be a standard donation of RM20 for all Celebrity Drives, with a maximum of 30 minutes per trip (*from Start Trip to End Trip) and a maximum of 3 riders per trip. Note that Uber promotions and credit will NOT count towards your donation.
PROtip: Most of the Celebrity Drives come with DOUBLE the fun – why have one celebrity, when you can have TWO celebrities in one car!
What else do I need to know?
- The Celebrity Drivers will be hitting the streets of Kuala Lumpur on Friday, the 12th December 2014, from 10.00am to 5.00pm.
- You have a better chance of securing a Celebrity Driver from areas such as Bangsar, Plaza Damansara, Mutiara Damansara, Damansara Perdana, KLCC Golden Triangle, Bdr Utama / TTDI, Sri Hartamas, Mont Kiara, Publika, Mid Valley, KL Sentral and selected areas in Petaling Jaya.
- Maximum of 3 persons per ride.
- By requesting and going on a Celebrity Drive, you agree that Uber and Volkswagen Malaysia are entitled to use any photos, videos or media in which you appear for advertising and promotional purposes.
Ok, that’s it… right?
Upload your photos of your ride with the hashtag #UberVWdrive and stand a chance to win exclusive Uber merchandise! There will be all kinds of cool Uber props available in the Celebrity Drives… so go picture and video crazy with your Celebrity Driver and share your experiences online! Also, all lucky riders will receive awesome customised #UberSwag and Volkswagen merchandise. Don’t forget to get your #UberSwag personally signed by your Celebrity Driver after each trip.
PROtip: The wilder and the crazier the photos are, the better! Don’t forget to make your profile public or we won’t see your awesome uploads..
Missed a chance to get a ride with your favourite celebrity? No worries! Just download the Uber app and apply the new user promo code “UBERVWDRIVE” to get 2 free rides, each worth up to RM50, valid until 21st Dec 2014
Let’s not forget…
A big thank you goes out to all our Celebrities Drivers who participated and sponsors who made this on-demand event possible, namely Volkswagen Malaysia, Zalora, Mongoose Publishing, Escape Room and You.C1000 Vitamin drink.
Your Uber KL Team
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior headed back to campus this fall, one thing is certain—you’ll need to eat. And there is nothing worse than being limited to questionable cafeteria food or taking a chance on expired leftovers in the back of the fridge. The best news? UberEATS is expanding to 30+ major college campuses by the end of the year, from Penn State to LSU to Boise State. Since we want you to focus on what you love about college and not worry about your next meal, we’re predicting the 5 times you’ll need to order UberEATS this semester.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.