Uber is officially in Kuala Lumpur!
Secret Ubers have been roaming the streets of Kuala Lumpur for the past few weeks, and the response has been incredible! After our official launch dinner at Cantaloupe with stunning cityscape views, a thumping after party at Tate and Providence, Uber is now officially launched in Kuala Lumpur! Safety, style, and convenience is now available – at the push of a button.
For about the same price as Executive Taxi, relax in a spacious luxury sedan on the way home from a hard day of work, waltz past the taxi lines at Mid-Valley after a productive day of shopping, or simply skip parking, roll up to your favorite club in style then get home safely, all without having to take out your wallet!
Here’s how it works:
- Open your UBER app (iPhone/Android) or go online at m.uber.com.
- Request a car. Sit back and relax as your private driver comes to you and texts you upon arrival.
- Left your cash at home? Fear not! All payments are processed directly through your account credit card and a receipt will be emailed to you right away.
You can find details about our rates and the service area on our Kuala Lumpur city page.
To celebrate our official launch, we are doubling the referral bonus for the next two weeks! Invite your friends to try Uber through January 31, and for each friend that rides you’ll receive RM60 in free Uber credit instead of the usual RM30.
What you need to know:
- Refer friends with your personal invite code.
- Friends receive RM60 of Uber credit toward their first ride when they sign up with your invite code.
- You receive RM60 of Uber credit for every friend that takes a ride before 11:59pm MYT on Monday, January 20, 2014.*
* If your friend takes their first ride after the promotional period, you will receive the usual RM30 credit. Your friend’s RM60 of Uber credit will not expire and can be used after the promotional period.
We’re excited to bring Uber to Malaysia and looking forward to the ride ahead! To round out our incredibly talented team on the ground, we are looking for a General Manager. If you have any feedback or referrals, please write to us at supportKL@uber.com.
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior headed back to campus this fall, one thing is certain—you’ll need to eat. And there is nothing worse than being limited to questionable cafeteria food or taking a chance on expired leftovers in the back of the fridge. The best news? UberEATS is expanding to 30+ major college campuses by the end of the year, from Penn State to LSU to Boise State. Since we want you to focus on what you love about college and not worry about your next meal, we’re predicting the 5 times you’ll need to order UberEATS this semester.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.