CELEBRATE MALAYSIA DAY WITH UBER
This Malaysia Day we want to do something special for KL-ites, by embracing the freedom and independance that this day signifies for us all.
Since our launch in Malaysia over a year ago, our teams have worked tirelessly to create tens of thousands of work and entrepreneurship opportunities for ordinary Malaysians, and transform how people move around cities like KL, by introducing a safer, more reliable transportation option.
Uber gives you the freedom to choose how you move around your city and unites people through that freedom of choice. With our technology, we have allowed millions of Malaysians to move around in a safe, reliable and efficient way. To reflect that, for 2 days, on the 16th and 17th of September, Uber Malaysia will introduce the “Rakyat” view, which comprises of a selection of TEKS1Ms, Protons and Perodua vehicles – to take the Rakyat on trips throughout this city, celebrating our Malaysian heritage and everything this city has to offer.
“The #UberRakyat view is designed to celebrate the diversity that exists among Malaysians and bring the community together to celebrate Malaysia Day by enjoying a day out with friends and family,” said Leon Foong, Country Manager of Uber Malaysia. “We wanted to celebrate products that are Malaysian, and support Malaysian enterprise and innovation, which is what Uber aspires to represent in this amazing country.”
To celebrate this Malaysia Day, you can now travel around our city in true Malaysian-style – just download the Uber app, slide over to the ‘Rakyat’ icon, and request a ride!
And to rediscover the truly unique aspects of our city, we’re offering 63% off all rides to some of KL’s most memorable sights:
- Marvel at the architectural wonders that are the Petronas Twin Towers as well as Putrajaya.
- Enjoy the blend of culture and modernity at Little India, Petaling Street and Central Market.
- Stroll through the Lake Gardens, and then pop over to enjoy the bustle of KL Sentral.
- Take a walk down memory lane and remember those who fought so hard for the freedom and independance that we now enjoy by visiting Dataran Merdeka.
There’s beauty in every corner you turn in KL, and there’s no better day to get out and experience it for yourself. Plus, as a special surprise, take a ride in our special #UberRakyat vehicles, and you’ll also get a snack pack filled with treats from yesteryear.
THE IMPORTANT DETAILS:
- All rides on TEKS1Ms will be charged the meter fare plus a RM2 booking fare before the 63% discount for the areas mentioned above.
- All rides on Protons and Peroduas will be charged a flat fare of RM16 before the discount of 63% for the areas mentioned above.
- The discount is automatically applied to the Rakyat view, and valid for 2 free rides, worth RM16 each.
- All other rides will be charged the regular fare applicable.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.