Pay Cash for Your Uber Rides, Now Available
Choice is a beautiful thing and soon many of you will be able to pay for Uber rides using cash. That’s right – all the convenience of Uber, with even more payment options to cover your rides. Simply choose the ‘cash’ option in the payments menu, take a ride and pay your driver directly in cash at the end of the trip.
Why Cash Matters to our riders
We care everyone in the city, whether you are a student, a teenager, a pregnant lady, a working mum, a disabled or a senior citizen, we want to make sure it is easy for you. By introducing this experiment, we discovered four simple ways that cash could make a little bit easier for everyone who needs a safe, reliable ride in Macau.
Removing the fear factor for first time riders
You told us you still have concerns about credit cards, and we listened. We want everyone of you to have the freedom to choose the way they travel, and cash is a truly inclusive way to let everyone move around their city easily.
No credit card? No worries.
Cash opens doors for more Macanese to take their first ride, and have a quality experience on Uber, whether you’re a busy Mum, a student without a credit card or a senior citizen who’s more comfortable with cash.
One more option for you – simple and easy
You can always have a choice. We make it as simple as 1-2-3: Request – take ride – pay with cash.
More riders means more driver dollars
When more riders choose Uber, more driver-partners increase their average hourly earnings – taking more trips and reducing the time our driver-partners spend idle.
CASH OPTION IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO A LIMITED NUMBER OF RIDERS DURING THE EXPERIMENT
This is an experiment and one of the few places in the world where cash payment is available across the 475+ cities where Uber is present. We have worked hard to create a seamless option that is truly Uber. If you do not see the cash option, don’t worry. We will roll out this feature gradually as we continue testing it.
How To Switch Between Payment Options
- Open the Uber app and type your destination
- Switch between ‘CASH’ or ‘CREDIT CARD’ as your payment option
- Request your ride
- At the end of the trip, pay the fare directly in cash to your driver
- The cash payment option does not replace the credit card option. You can choose to settle your fare in cash or credit card by selecting the payment option prior to your trip
- The same fare cannot be settled partially in cash and partially by credit card. It’s either or
- Not everyone will see the cash option right away as we are testing and rolling it out soon
- Cash option in Macau is only available for trips in Macau (including Macau Peninsula, Taipa and Coloane)
- No credit card details are required when signing up for Uber and paying in cash
- There are no additional charges to riders
- Cash payment option will be available within 24 hours after signup
– Uber Macau Team
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.