Know Your Airport: John Wayne Airport
As an Uber partner, if you’re picking up from the John Wayne Airport in Orange County, your passengers are probably heading to Disneyland. Just 14 miles away, John Wayne is the closest airport to the historic theme park, making it a popular flying option for tourists, and a great alternative to the busier LAX. While John Wayne may receive less travelers than LAX, flying can still be a stressful situation for any traveler.
Here’s a list of helpful resources for the next time you pick up or drop off at the John Wayne Airport:
Resources and Tips for John Wayne Airport
- Terminal Map: While there are only eleven airlines operating out of John Wayne, you should still familiarize yourself with a map of the terminals. Maps for arrivals can be found here, while departures can be found here.
- Busy Times: Passengers may want to take some extra time getting to airport in the morning, as this is when John Wayne experiences the highest volume. Additionally, passengers will want to show up to the airport two hours before a domestic flight and three hours before international travel.
- Flight Status: You can check up-to-the-minute arrival and departure times for all flights at John Wayne here.
- Know the Shortcuts: By using the toll roads, you can help your riders avoid unnecessary traffic and get them to their gate with time to spare. You can also check conditions on the road by listening to KNX 1070.
- Rules and Regulations: Uber’s guidelines for the rules and regulations of John Wayne Airport can be found here.
- Picking Up and Dropping Off: You can always pick up your passenger from the arrivals level. Be sure to contact them so you can find out which terminal they are located. The airport also encourages drivers to pick up passengers from the departure level after 9am, as it’s less congested during the day. Travelers on their way to the airport can be dropped off curbside at the terminal.
- Airport Info: You can get alerts and updates from the airport by following their Twitter feed.
Your passengers might want to know which places they should visit while they’re in town. Disneyland is the obvious choice, but here are a few others that are worth visiting during their stay:
Where to Visit
- The Mission at San Juan Capistrano: Founded in 1776, the Mission at San Juan Capistrano is considered the birthplace of Orange County. Visitors can see the ruins of the Spanish Mission, as well as exhibits featuring religious and Native American art.
- Angels Stadium: Angels Stadium is perhaps the most family-friendly ballpark in baseball. If the kids get bored with the game, take them on over to the Perfect Game Pavilion, where they’ll find a host of interactive games created just for them.
- Taco Maria: One of the best restaurants in all of the greater Los Angeles area, Taco Maria serves up some of the most inspiring and challenging Mexican cuisine around. Other worldly tacos are available for lunch, and in the evening there’s a four-course prix fixe menu for only $75.00 a person, a bargain for the kind of food you’ll be eating.
In September, we introduced the world’s first Self-Driving Ubers to the Steel City. Three months later, we’re bringing Volvo XC90s to San Francisco. We’re incredibly excited to work with Volvo to pair our state-of-the-art self-driving technology with Volvo’s outstanding vehicle development and core safety capabilities. Starting today, riders who request an uberX in San Francisco […]
Today we announced we’re collaborating with Disney on an activation that transforms the Uber rider app into a themed Rogue One: A Star Wars Story experience. The in-app experience, which Uber riders can opt-into, will unlock special Rogue One: A Star Wars Story features as well as access to exclusive video content. Uber riders in […]
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.