Making A Pawsitive Impact With #UberKITTENS
Two weeks ago we had the purrfect day delivering cuddly cuteness across 50 cities with UberKITTENS. These kittens really got their paws in the door and made a pawsitive impression at small start-ups, nonprofits, campaigns, newsrooms, and everywhere in between!
Our goal was to deliver smiles and kitten playtime in order to help foster adoptions and awareness for our local shelters. Thanks to the overwhelming support, over 300 kittens and cats have now found their forever families and even more are in the process of being adopted. Fur real!
Here are some of the other highlights:
- Helped connect 315+ kittens and cats to their new families (15X the number from last year!) and raised over $40,000 for participating shelters
- Every participating kitten in Athens, Atlanta, Dallas, Oklahoma City, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Portland, Seattle, and Tucson were adopted and 10 other cities have had over half of their participating kittens adopted.
- Denver went catnip crazy. Over 60 kittens and cats were adopted—that’s over 6X the number of participating kittens and the most of any Uber city!
- We made a lot of tracks. In Toronto, kittens got the red carpet treatment at the Juno Awards, in LA, they went behind the scenes on the set of the show “Undateable” and in NYC, a few lucky kittens got to visit the office of preeminent cat lover, Grace Coddington at Vogue.
- DC’s shelter had ‘paw-liticians’ including Hillary Kitten, Pawnald Trump, Purrney Sanders, and Meowchelle Obama.
- #UberKITTENS was trending across Twitter, Facebook, and Periscope!
Our team had a great time traveling around and meeting everyone. Whether you adopted an UberKITTEN, are thinking about volunteering, or posted on your social channels—we are so grateful to everyone that helped make UberKITTENS paw-some!
Learn more about delivery driving jobs and Uber.