Introducing…Oakland Airport Flat Rate!
Many of you know and love that Uber rides to and from SFO are $65. You swear by it for your world travels and business trips. But what about when Kayak or Jetblue give you San Franciscans a tremendous deal from Oakland Airport??? —> No Uber for You! Not anymore…
~We’re proud to announce:
$85 Flat Rates
to OR from Oakland Airport~
How it Works:
If you’re traveling to OAK from San Francisco:
- Request early to leave time for traffic. Your driver will help you load any bags you have.
- Enjoy a comfortable ride to the airport. First class doesn’t have to start on the plane :)
- Running late? Luckily, you can just hop out of the car and don’t have to worry about cash, tricky math or tipping. $85 will be charged to your card on file. Phew!
- Enjoy your ride? Sweet! Rate your driver at the end of the trip to let us know how Uber he was.
If you’re landing in OAK and heading to San Francisco, Uber can come to your rescue:
- Request an Uber car while landing or from the baggage claim using the app (for text message use “1 Airport Dr, Oakland”).
- Call your driver to confirm your airline, pickup gate, etc.
- Be sure not to cancel on your driver more than two minutes after you get the ETA, as he’s driving all the way from San Francisco to come get you.
- You’ll be alerted via text message your driver arrives. Easy! And again, if you spent all of your cash on overpriced drinks and food at the airport earlier…no worries. Uber’s got you covered with backend billing. Still $85.
Technology is shifting the process of traveling away from the nightmare it’s been in the past, and instead, toward something far more palatable, and we at Uber hope to help pioneer the way to comfort. Travel safely Uberites. No more airport discrimination!
We’re excited to launch Payment Rewards — a way to discover, track, and redeem rewards right in the Uber app. We’re kicking it off with Capital One®, where every 10th ride is free (up to $15) when you pay with a Quicksilver® or QuicksilverOne® card through March 2017.
Today, I’m excited to announce that Arianna Huffington will join Uber’s board. For those of us who know Arianna, it’s clear she knows a thing or two about being an entrepreneur. As the founder and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post, she’s built one of the most successful, innovative media companies in the world… from scratch. […]