Introducing…Oakland Airport Flat Rate!
Many of you know and love that Uber rides to and from SFO are $65. You swear by it for your world travels and business trips. But what about when Kayak or Jetblue give you San Franciscans a tremendous deal from Oakland Airport??? —> No Uber for You! Not anymore…
~We’re proud to announce:
$85 Flat Rates
to OR from Oakland Airport~
How it Works:
If you’re traveling to OAK from San Francisco:
- Request early to leave time for traffic. Your driver will help you load any bags you have.
- Enjoy a comfortable ride to the airport. First class doesn’t have to start on the plane :)
- Running late? Luckily, you can just hop out of the car and don’t have to worry about cash, tricky math or tipping. $85 will be charged to your card on file. Phew!
- Enjoy your ride? Sweet! Rate your driver at the end of the trip to let us know how Uber he was.
If you’re landing in OAK and heading to San Francisco, Uber can come to your rescue:
- Request an Uber car while landing or from the baggage claim using the app (for text message use “1 Airport Dr, Oakland”).
- Call your driver to confirm your airline, pickup gate, etc.
- Be sure not to cancel on your driver more than two minutes after you get the ETA, as he’s driving all the way from San Francisco to come get you.
- You’ll be alerted via text message your driver arrives. Easy! And again, if you spent all of your cash on overpriced drinks and food at the airport earlier…no worries. Uber’s got you covered with backend billing. Still $85.
Visit our SF driver’s guide section to learn more about partnering with us in the Bay Area.
Technology is shifting the process of traveling away from the nightmare it’s been in the past, and instead, toward something far more palatable, and we at Uber hope to help pioneer the way to comfort. Travel safely Uberites. No more airport discrimination!
Today, I’m excited to announce that Arianna Huffington will join Uber’s board. For those of us who know Arianna, it’s clear she knows a thing or two about being an entrepreneur. As the founder and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post, she’s built one of the most successful, innovative media companies in the world… from scratch. […]
As a data-driven company, we understand the power of information for communities. Since day one, our mission has been to connect people with reliable rides through the use of data and technology. As our footprint has grown throughout the years, so has our ability to use the Uber network in different ways. Starting today and […]
Today, we are excited to announce that Uber will give $5.5M to support a new robotics faculty chair as well as three fellowships at CMU. This gift is part of a partnership we announced earlier this year. In addition, we’re pumped to be part of a growing innovation ecosystem in Pittsburgh that includes world leading research institutions and companies, as well as an increasing number of start-ups.