Jakarta, Cash Payments Have Arrived!
Jakarta, you asked and we listened! Your safe and reliable Uber ride is getting even more convenient. We are thrilled to let you know that starting today, we are now testing cash payments in Jakarta!
Since our launch in Jakarta in 2014, Uber has quickly become the preferred choice for commuters. But, there remain many who never had the chance because to use Uber meant cashless payments. Well, we’ve heard you Jakarta, and are thrilled to announce that starting today, Uber will be accessible to everyone with the introduction of CASH as an alternative payment option.
That’s right – you get all the Uber awesomeness and even more options when it comes to paying for your ride. Simply choose the CASH option, take a ride and pay your driver directly in cash at the end of the trip.
If you do not see the cash option then worry not. Not all of you will see cash right away as we will be testing with a select few at first but gradually expanding this option to more and more riders.
Jakarta, your support since our arrival has been overwhelming and we are excited to bring you cash as a payment option on the Uber platform. We remain deeply committed to providing you with the highest quality urban mobility choices that are safe, reliable and convenient.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Open up the app and go to the menu in the top left corner and select Payment tab
- Select ‘CASH’ as your payment option
- Request for a ride
- Confirm your pickup location and payment method
- Before you get out, pay the amount shown in-app, directly to the driver in cash – No haggling required!
- A valid Uber account is needed to be able to book a ride and pay in cash
- This is an experiment and not everyone will see the cash option right away, this will gradually be expanded to more and more people over time
- Please make sure you have enough cash for the trip
- You will not be able to make part payments on cash trips with your credit card and vice versa
- Fare adjustments are not possible for cash rides
- There is no booking fee or additional charge to riders
If you’re using Uber for the first time, download the app through Play Store or App Store and use the promo code below to get your first free ride for up to Rp.100,000.-
We have worked hard to create a seamless cash payment option that is truly Uber to better serve the community. Jakarta, as the capital city of Indonesia, provides us with the right environment and sophisticated rider and driver base to conduct this cash experiment. The insight we gain from your usage and feedback is what will make this a successful test. So take rides and give your feedback with us at email@example.com and share this excellent news through social media and tag our Twitter, Instagram and Facebook with #UberCashJakarta.
Enjoy the ride and Uber-On!
Uber Jakarta Team
LANGUAGE: ENGLISH / BAHASA