Pune, Cash Payments have arrived!
Choice is a beautiful thing and soon many Punekars will be able to pay for Uber rides using cash. That’s right – you will get all the Uber awesomeness and even more options when it comes to paying for your ride. Simply choose the CASH option, take a ride and pay your driver directly in cash at the end of the trip.
Over the last few months our teams in India and in San Francisco have worked tirelessly to create a seamless cash payment option that is truly Uber.
After an extremely successful experiment in Hyderabad in May, we launched the Cash payment option in four more cities last week – Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Jaipur, and Kochi. Pune will be the sixth city in India and just the seventh worldwide, where riders have the option to pay for their Uber rides with Cash.
Not all of you will see the Cash option right away as we are testing different cohorts and user preferences. If you do not see the Cash option immediately, worry not. We will be rolling out this option slowly over the next few weeks to all our riders.
With products such as uberGO and uberX, riders in Pune will have access to multiple transportation options that are safe, reliable and convenient.
Go to the Uber app and click on ‘Set pick up location’
Click ‘Change’ on the available payment method
Select ‘Cash’ as your payment method
Hit ‘Request a Trip’ and get ridin’
- Before you get out, pay the exact amount shown to you & your driver – No haggling required!
- A valid Uber account is needed to be able to book a ride and pay in cash
- Not everyone will see the cash option right away as we are testing and rolling it out slowly
- You do not need any minimum balance in your Paytm wallet to be able to book rides with cash as your payment option BUT make sure you have enough cash for the trip
- You will not be able to make part payments on cash trips with your Paytm wallet and vice versa
- Fare adjustments are not possible for cash rides
- There is no booking fee or additional charge to riders
New to Uber?
– Team Uber Pune
Kolkata, Say CHEEEESE! We’ve partnered with the good folks at Sumo Dough to bring you a chance to relish the newest Italian food in town! This weekend, May 6 – 7, 2017, Sumo Dough –The LIVE kitchen takes the best of the day’s produce and crafts a menu of bold simplicity, offering just minimal yet […]
Chennai, it’s been a truly rewarding three years for us serving you, and we’re committed to doing more and better. Uber’s goal is to provide safe, affordable, reliable transportation at the push of a button, everywhere for everyone. This is true not just in the bustling city centre, but also in suburban areas and smaller […]
What do you do when you hear of this new, relaxed, fun restaurant that has come up in Kolkata? With Uber by your side, you visit it for FREE! This weekend, we’ve partnered with the good folks at Celavi to spoil you for choices while you enjoy with family & friends! Celavi as the French […]