Moving around your city should be convenient and seamless for all. At Uber, we strive to create transportation options that give equal opportunities and access to everyone.
This World Disability Day, we are introducing uberASSIST, an initiative that understands and serves riders with different accessibility needs. This option is designed to provide additional assistance to riders with disabilities and the elderly, to get from point A to point B in a safe, reliable and affordable way.
We’ve partnered with iCare Life to specially train some of our top driver-partners to assist riders while boarding and de-boarding a car. The training module entails the necessary knowledge and safety requirements of people with different needs apart from folding wheelchairs, walkers, and scooters. (Note: uberASSIST vehicles do not have accessible ramps or lifts.)
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Download the Uber app, if you haven’t already
- Add the code ASSISTDEL into PROMOTIONS tab
- Move the icon on the slider to ASSIST
- Set your location and request your ride
uberASSIST is the same price as uberX:
- After requesting, feel free to contact your uberASSIST driver-partner ahead of time with any specific requests
- Double-check your pick-up location before hitting the ‘Request’ button. Pinning your location properly will save both you and the driver valuable time so you can get going sooner
- Provide feedback. Our feedback loop asks riders to rate every trip. We use that information to evaluate our driver-partners
Rajesh Ghatge, CEO & MD, iCare Life said, “We are proud to partner with Uber to train their driver-partners who will provide special assistance to riders with disabilities and even the elderly. This will go a long way in making travel convenient for everyone in the city. We would urge other companies to follow lead as well.”
– Team Uber Delhi
Chennai, it’s been a truly rewarding three years for us serving you, and we’re committed to doing more and better. Uber’s goal is to provide safe, affordable, reliable transportation at the push of a button, everywhere for everyone. This is true not just in the bustling city centre, but also in suburban areas and smaller […]
What do you do when you hear of this new, relaxed, fun restaurant that has come up in Kolkata? With Uber by your side, you visit it for FREE! This weekend, we’ve partnered with the good folks at Celavi to spoil you for choices while you enjoy with family & friends! Celavi as the French […]
Dreaming of those exquisite delicacies at the most revered restaurants? Restaurant Week is back for you! This weekend, we’ve partnered with the good folks at Restaurant Week to bring you a chance to celebrate Poila Boishak by rewarding FREE meals to you! Restaurant Week is a celebration of the finest culinary experiences at the best […]