A Safer Ride Ahead
We appreciate your patience and support over these last few weeks. It’s been a difficult time for all involved, including the rider and driver communities in Delhi but we’re committed to bringing Uber back stronger and better in order to provide you with the safe, reliable and convenient transportation option that you deserve.
We are committed to the safety of everyone using Uber; not only for the rides we enable in New Delhi and across India, but also for the 1+ million trips we are facilitating around the world everyday.
To that end, we’ve been working around the clock to make Uber in India even safer and we wanted to take this opportunity to clarify how Uber works and to update you on our progress.
What we’ve always had:
- Built in transparency (access to driver and vehicle information and real-time GPS tracking through ‘Share my ETA’ feature) that promotes accountability
- Partnering exclusively with commercially licensed and insured driver-partners who are required to be police verified as part of the licensing process by state transport authorities and are eligible to provide transportation for a fee
- Mandatory rating system that maintains high quality drivers on the system
- Hassle-free payments means not having to worry about carrying any cash
What we are introducing:
- Police Verification: Re-verifying all Uber Delhi driver-partners have an authentic and valid police verification
- Document Verification: A local team of specially-trained safety experts to detect fraud, verify and authenticate driver / vehicle documents and test the validity of our screening
- Background Checks: Going above and beyond required government verification, we’re engaging local and global experts to evaluate the most effective background screening solution across India; pilot programs are already running in select cities, including Delhi
- Physical GPS Devices: All vehicles on the Uber platform are being fitted with physical GPS devices
- Incident Response Team: A local and dedicated customer support center that will specialise on resolving critical issues for our rider and driver community in India
- In-App Safety Features: An enhanced ShareMyETA button is the first of a whole set of new integrated Uber safety features coming to India. ShareMyETA allows you to send your complete trip details (including live GPS tracking, driver photo, name and vehicle license no.) to your loved ones
- Stricter Rating Norms: Stricter rating norms for all our partner drivers. We’ve deactivated accounts below 4 star rating
- Critical Rider Feedback Escalation: We have implemented measures to ensure that critical rider feedback is escalated immediately and immediate action is taken in every instance
We are fully committed to the safety of everyone using Uber to get around India and everyone at Uber, from San Francisco to Delhi, is working hard to show that commitment. Features such as the Enhanced ShareMyETA and safety specialist teams like Incident Response Team are being rolled out first in India. We are working on many more technology enhancements and partnerships and continue to innovate and focus on safety.
Kolkata, Say CHEEEESE! We’ve partnered with the good folks at Sumo Dough to bring you a chance to relish the newest Italian food in town! This weekend, May 6 – 7, 2017, Sumo Dough –The LIVE kitchen takes the best of the day’s produce and crafts a menu of bold simplicity, offering just minimal yet […]
Chennai, it’s been a truly rewarding three years for us serving you, and we’re committed to doing more and better. Uber’s goal is to provide safe, affordable, reliable transportation at the push of a button, everywhere for everyone. This is true not just in the bustling city centre, but also in suburban areas and smaller […]
What do you do when you hear of this new, relaxed, fun restaurant that has come up in Kolkata? With Uber by your side, you visit it for FREE! This weekend, we’ve partnered with the good folks at Celavi to spoil you for choices while you enjoy with family & friends! Celavi as the French […]