How to turn your phone on!
PLEASE NOTE THIS ONLY APPLIES TO UBER DRIVERS IN VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA.
Congratulations! Your account is active and you are now an Uber Partner Driver! You are now able to go online and get trips. However, before you are actually able to make it ‘Online’, we need to get your phone set up.
Additionally, here’s a step by step guide with pictures to help get you going!
Steps to going online for the first time:
1. Turn on the phone – there is long silver button on the top right-hand side of the iPhone. Press it for a few seconds and you should see an Apple logo. Be patient – it needs a little time!
Once the screen appears you will need to swipe the bottom of the screen with your index finger from left to right. this will get you to the home screen.
2. Open the Uber App. It’s the red button with the ‘U’ (for Uber!) at the bottom of the screen.
3. Login. Your username will be the full email address that you have provided to us. Your password will be the last 5 digits of your phone number (e.g. if your number is 0409 354 678 your password will be 54678)
Pro tip: You don’t need to go through the login process each time you go online. Just tap ‘Go Offline’ and close the app when you are finished for the day. Open the app and tap ‘Go Online’ when you are next on the road!
4. Select a vehicle. Press the select a vehicle button on the lower part of the screen. Your vehicle details. (registration and type) should load on the next page. Tap on this to continue. If ‘No Vehicles Registered’ comes up then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Try to go online. At this stage the ‘Go Online’ screen should appear. Press the Green ‘Go Online’ button. Most of you will still have more to do. However, the next two steps may only apply to some of you. If the app skips a step then lucky you!
6. Upgrade the App. Our engineers are regularly upgrading the Driver app. You may be asked to Upgrade the app. If so, press ‘Upgrade’ and then when it asks, press ‘Install’. The app will close and you will see the red ‘U’ icon reload. Please note this may take 30 seconds. Once it has finished loading open the app again like you did in Step 2 and 3 and tap ‘Go Online’.
7. Take a profile photo – If you haven’t provided a suitable photo then now is the time. Riders see a small photo of you in the bottom of their screen after you have accepted their request. It’s how they know what they are looking for! Make sure it is a clear head shot. Your car may be nice but it’s not a profile shot.
Pro Tip: Get someone else to take the photo. Mankind is generally not capable of taking a nice selfie…
8. Accept Legal Agreements – The app will ask you to accept the agreements with Uber before you go online. You can tap on the agreements and read them on the phone. However, they are always available on the bottom left-corner of your dashboard at partners.uber.com Once you are ready, just tap ‘Yes, I Agree’ and then confirm by tapping ‘Yes, I Agree’ again.
9. You will now be online!!! When you see a map view of the city with a car in the middle (that’s little ol’ you!) then you are online and able to be requested by a happy Uber rider!
Pro tip: make sure you are in the car and ready to go when you are online. The ETA that the rider is given assumes you are in the car – not in front of the TV with your shoes off…
Make sure you watch the below video again before going online for the first time!
Contact us at help.uber.com.
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior headed back to campus this fall, one thing is certain—you’ll need to eat. And there is nothing worse than being limited to questionable cafeteria food or taking a chance on expired leftovers in the back of the fridge. The best news? UberEATS is expanding to 30+ major college campuses by the end of the year, from Penn State to LSU to Boise State. Since we want you to focus on what you love about college and not worry about your next meal, we’re predicting the 5 times you’ll need to order UberEATS this semester.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.