How to turn your phone on!
PLEASE NOTE THIS ONLY APPLIES TO UBER DRIVERS IN VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA.
Congratulations! Your account is active and you are now an Uber Partner Driver! You are now able to go online and get trips. However, before you are actually able to make it ‘Online’, we need to get your phone set up.
Additionally, here’s a step by step guide with pictures to help get you going!
Make sure you are viewing this blog on your phone to successfully download the app. However, after downloading you will also need another computer/phone/tablet to help you get online.
Steps to going online for the first time:
1. Download the app. In order to download the Uber driver app you will need to have access to a smartphone that has either the Android or iOS (iPhone) operating system. If you don’t have a smartphone or your smartphone has a different OS (e.g. Windows) then email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download on Android
1. Head to the ‘Play Store’ on your phone
2. Search ‘UberPartner‘ (one word)
3. Click Install
* Eligible for a 2013 Android device, version 4.0 or newer
Download on an iPhone
1. Open ‘Safari’ on your iPhone
2. Type ‘http://t.uber.com/ios‘ into the web link
3. Click Install!
* Eligible for 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, 6 and 6+ iPhones running iOS 7 or iOS8
Don’t have a suitable phone? We can issue you with a device however we will need to charge a deposit (refundable) and a weekly data use charge (non-refundable). It will always be cheaper for you to pay for a little extra data on your plan than pay for an Uber phone.
2. Open the Uber App.
There are two Uber apps, the rider app and the partner app. The one on the right in the image below is the partner app that you will use to go online and get trips!
Many drivers use the rider app from time-to-time to see where other online drivers are to improve their position. Feel free to do this!
You may think the partner app is still downloading the first time because the blue circle is not complete. It’s not. It always looks that way!
3. Login. Your username will be the full email address that you have provided to us. Your password will be the last 5 digits of your phone number OR the password you signed up with. Password not working? Reset it here.
Pro tip: You don’t need to go through the login process each time you go online. Just tap ‘Go Offline’ and close the app when you are finished for the day. Open the app and tap ‘Go Online’ when you are next on the road!
4. Select a vehicle. Press the select a vehicle button on the lower part of the screen. Your vehicle details. (registration and type) should load on the next page. Tap on this to continue. If ‘No Vehicles Registered’ comes up then please email email@example.com
5. Try to go online. At this stage the ‘Go Online’ screen should appear. Press the Green ‘Go Online’ button. However, you will still have more to do.
6. Take a profile photo – If you haven’t provided a suitable photo then now is the time. Riders see a small photo of you in the bottom of their screen after you have accepted their request. It’s how they know what they are looking for! Make sure it is a clear head shot. Your car may be nice but please don’t use a photo of it as your profile shot.
Pro Tip: Get someone else to take the photo. Mankind is generally not capable of taking a nice selfie…
7. Accept Legal Agreements – The app will ask you to accept the agreements with Uber before you go online. You can tap on the agreements and read them on the phone. However, they are always available on the bottom left-corner of your dashboard at partners.uber.com Once you are ready, just tap ‘Yes, I Agree’ and then confirm by tapping ‘Yes, I Agree’ again.
8. You will now be online!!! When you see a map view of the city with a car in the middle (that’s little ol’ you!) then you are online and able to be requested by a happy Uber rider!
Pro tip: make sure you are in the car and ready to go when you are online. The ETA that the rider is given assumes you are in the car – not in front of the TV with your shoes off…
SET YOUR PHONE UP CORRECTLY IN YOUR CAR
Here’s some tips to make sure your phone is correctly set up in the car.
- Put the phone in a cradle. So that you can use the in-app navigation and avoid breaking the law by holding the phone in your hands
- Get a USB adaptor. You will need to be able to charge your phone as the Uber app will deplete your battery quickly. You will need a USB adaptor for your car’s cigarette lighter. You shouldn’t plug the charger into your car’s USB port. It will try and sync the phone and car and you will not hear the trip requests when they come through.
- Make sure your phone doesn’t over-heat and shutdown. There are a few ways to do this: don’t leave the battery on charge, lower the brightness, mount the phone near the A/C and not on the windshield.
Please contact us at your city’s email address below