How to turn your phone on – WA BYOD Copy
Please note this only applies to Uber drivers in Western Australia.
Congratulations! Your account is active and you are now an Uber Partner Driver! You are now able to go online and get trips. However, before you are actually able to make it ‘Online’, we need to get your phone set up.
Follow the steps below and use the pictures as a guide to help get you going!
Make sure you are viewing this blog on your phone to successfully download the app. However, after downloading you will also need another computer/phone/tablet to help you get online.
Steps to going online for the first time:
1. Download the app. In order to download the Uber driver app you will need to have access to a smartphone that has either the Android or iOS (iPhone) operating system.
Download on Android
1. Head to the ‘Play Store’ on your phone
2. Search ‘UberPartner‘ (one word)
3. Click Install
* Eligible for a 2013 Android device, version 4.0 or newer
Download on an iPhone
1. Open ‘Safari’ on your iPhone
2. Type ‘http://t.uber.com/driver-app‘ into the web link
3. Click Install!
* Eligible for 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, 6 and 6+ iPhones running iOS 7 or iOS8
2. Open the Uber App.
3. Login. Your username will be the full email address that you have provided to us. Your password will be either the password you created when you signed up or the last 5 digits of your phone number (e.g. if your number is 0409 354 678 your password will be 54678).
Pro tip: Make sure you change your password to secure your account! Head here to do so.
4. Select a vehicle. Press the select a vehicle button on the lower part of the screen. Your vehicle details. (registration and type) should load on the next page. Tap on this to continue. If ‘No Vehicles Registered’ comes up then please contact us at help.uber.com.
5. Try to go online. At this stage the ‘Go Online’ screen should appear. Press the Green ‘Go Online’ button. However, you will still have more to do.
6. Take a profile photo – If you haven’t provided a suitable photo then now is the time. Riders see a small photo of you in the bottom of their screen after you have accepted their request. It’s how they know what they are looking for! Make sure it is a clear head shot. Your car may be nice but please don’t use a photo of it as your profile shot.
Pro Tip: Get someone else to take the photo. Mankind is generally not capable of taking a nice selfie…
7. Accept Legal Agreements – The app will ask you to accept the agreements with Uber before you go online. You can tap on the agreements and read them on the phone. However, they are always available on the bottom left-corner of your dashboard at partners.uber.com Once you are ready, just tap ‘Yes, I Agree’ and then confirm by tapping ‘Yes, I Agree’ again.
8. You will now be online!!! When you see a map view of the city with a car in the middle (that’s little ol’ you!) then you are online and able to be requested by a happy Uber rider!
Pro tip: make sure you are in the car and ready to go when you are online. The ETA that the rider is given assumes you are in the car – not in front of the TV with your shoes off…
Make sure you watch the below video again before going online for the first time!