Uber and Hilton Team Up For Seamless Travel
We all have destinations — whether as road warriors, global adventure-seekers or those just planning a weekend away. No matter what kind of traveler you are, we are excited that our new partnership with Hilton provides one more easy way to connect with your destinations.
Starting today, you can set Uber ‘Ride Reminders’ through your Hilton reservation emails from your smartphone or online in advance of your stay. With ‘Ride Reminders, you will get an automated notification on the day of travel to seamlessly request an Uber ride to your hotel.
Beginning later this month, Hilton and Uber will also bring top restaurants and nightlife spots from 20 cities across the U.S. right to Hilton HHonors members via the Hilton HHonors app. A ‘Local Scene’ feature – curated from the top destinations Uber riders in that city visit most – will help HHonors members discover top destinations easily and then seamlessly request an Uber to check them out. More information can be found here.
By partnering with Uber, a leading innovator, we’re helping travelers explore destinations like they’re locals. This is the first time any company has leveraged Uber riders’ most frequented destinations to provide local recommendations. We’re excited to offer these unique benefits for our loyal guests.
– Rich DiStefano, Senior Director of Mobile Products at Hilton Worldwide
Simplify your stay with the Uber ‘Ride Reminder’ — For the first time, you can set automated Ride Reminders and quickly book rides to your Hilton hotel with a single tap.
HOW IT WORKS
- Open your Hilton booking confirmation or pre-arrival email, click the ‘Ride Reminder’ button, enter your phone number and sign-up.
- When it’s time to leave for your hotel, Uber will send you a push notification or text. Simply swipe the notification to jump to the Uber app with the destination already set, and confirm your request.
- Say goodbye to long taxi lines – the hotel’s address is automatically set in the Uber app, so guests can easily be on their way.
- Additionally, all Hilton HHonors members who sign up for Uber will receive $20 off their first ride!
This collaboration – a first in the hospitality industry – uses a mobile-first approach by bringing you Ride Reminders and the “concierge service” of your fellow Uber riders, so that you can make the most of every trip, every time.
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.
It’s official: the Uber Driver App for iOS is now available for download in the App Store. And to celebrate, we’ve put together a list of the top 9 things you probably didn’t know about the Uber Driver App for iOS. Once you’ve taken a look, head on over to the App Store and take it for a spin.