Happy New Year from Uber
This New Year’s Eve we expect to deliver more than 2 million rides in just 24 hours. We’re excited to be part of this celebratory night for so many people around the world, and proud of our role in ensuring safe, reliable rides during a time when impaired driving rates are at their highest.
We expect this New Year’s Eve to be our busiest night ever.
On busy nights with peak demand – like New Year’s Eve – we use surge pricing to get enough cars on the road and help ensure you always have a reliable ride.
THE BEST TIME TO RIDE
On New Year’s Eve, everyone is looking for rides at exactly the same times. We expect the highest demand—and fares—between 12:30 and 2:30 AM. For the most affordable rides, request right when the ball drops at midnight or wait until later for prices to return to normal.
You’re likely sharing the night with friends or family, so why not share the cost of your ride home too? Split the fare and no one gets left behind or stuck with the bill. PRO TIP: In New York, Paris & San Francisco, use UberPOOL and share your ride with another rider along the same route to save up to 50%.
We’re proud to partner with MADD in the fight against drunk driving. Enter promo code MADDNYE, and we’ll donate $1 to Mother’s Against Drunk Driving for each trip you take in the U.S. on New Year’s Eve. And no matter how you ride, please designate a non-drinking driver.
Thank you for making Uber part of your year.
New Year’s Eve also marks a time to look back and to move forward. As we reflect on the past year, we’re proud of what the Uber community has done together:
- A lot of ground was covered. 140 million rides in more than 50 countries, from Los Angeles, to Phuket, and everywhere in between.
- Together, we made city streets safer. By choosing Uber instead of drinking and driving, cities are seeing a significant decline in DUIs.
- We sparked change. Approximately 500,000 people have signed petitions in support of ridesharing across the globe.
- Your music, with your ride. The Uber + Spotify global integration enabled riders to enjoy their ride with a custom soundtrack.
- You screamed for ice cream. And we served it up around the world with UberICECREAM. Over 250,000 ice cream bars were served.
- We’re reducing the need for car ownership. UberPOOL became a reality in San Francisco, Paris and New York – every shared ride you took brought us closer to the goal of taking millions of cars off the road.
- We’re driving out child hunger. By raising and donating #5MillionMeals to No Kid Hungry.
- And so much more. Eight couples had UberWEDDINGs, we delivered sky writing love notes on Valentine’s Day, and Uber played an important role in at least one baby being born!
As we look to 2015, we are energized by the work ahead and inspired by what more we can all do together. Have a safe, happy New Year, and thank you all for including us on your journey—we’re glad you’ve joined us for ours.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.