Go Places With PayPal
As we’ve launched Uber in new cities around the world, we’ve learned many new things. For example, in Bogotá, there is no “black car service” – professional drivers have white cars. In Paris, drivers calling riders by their first names is a faux pas. And though we scream for ice cream in the USA, they sing vibrato for gelato down under.
But one of the most important things we’ve learned: while we Americans charge our credit cards with abandon, not everyone does. That’s why we’re excited to announce…
You can now pay for your rides with PayPal
in Germany, Italy, France, the Netherlands and the USA!
Plus, through 11/28/13, get $15 off your next ride when you pay with PayPal! (excludes UberTAXI)
Love PayPal. New to Uber?
Love PayPal. Already Uber?
- Update your Uber app to the latest version
- Select “Payment” from the menu in your Uber app
- Tap “Add Payment”
- Tap “PayPal” to add your PayPal account
- Select PayPal as your payment method and take a ride. The discount will apply automatically.
Whether you’re new to Uber or a long time user, we hope you enjoy the added flexibility of paying with PayPal. Expect this feature to roll out to more countries in the near future.
Offer Fine Print
- Discount only applicable to fares paid for with a PayPal account.
- Discount will apply automatically at the end of your trip and can be seen on your receipt.
- Limit one $15 discount per person (discount is 15 EURO in Germany, Italy, France, the Netherlands)
- Discount will not apply to rides using the TAXI option.
- Offer expires 11/28/13
We’re excited to launch Payment Rewards — a way to discover, track, and redeem rewards right in the Uber app. We’re kicking it off with Capital One®, where every 10th ride is free (up to $15) when you pay with a Quicksilver® or QuicksilverOne® card through March 2017.
Today, I’m excited to announce that Arianna Huffington will join Uber’s board. For those of us who know Arianna, it’s clear she knows a thing or two about being an entrepreneur. As the founder and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post, she’s built one of the most successful, innovative media companies in the world… from scratch. […]