Did you find a golden ticket?
Greetings all! Once upon a time, young Charlie Bucket lived an average life, devoid of color and candy. Then, one wonderful birthday, he found a golden ticket hidden in his chocolate bar and became “the luckiest boy in the world”.
Today, dear Uber users, you might open up your inboxes and find your very own golden ticket. And that guy up at the top? You’ll look just as excited as he is because today is the day that we start our price elasticity test in San Francisco! We want to understand how ride volume increases as price decreases. If you’re happy, you Uber more, which makes Uber, our drivers and our partners happy too! Our goal is to offer reduced rates to all riders across the board.
More details on the method to follow soon in a sexy #uberdata post but here’s what you need to know now:
- If you are in the pricing test, you can ride Uber at a reduced rate (either 10%, 20% or if you’re really lucky, 30%!).
- The test is random and the 600 users with reduced rates have already been selected. Please don’t try to pull a Veruca Salt on us and open up lots of new Uber accounts – it won’t work. ;)
- This is an extended test that will run for up to 3 months. That makes it even better than a decadent one-day tour of a chocolate factory!
- This test is only running in San Francisco. After all, it’s the only city with a Golden Gate.
- The best part about all of this? You’ll have to do absolutely nothing. If you’re in the test, just ride with Uber on the account you signed up with and you’ll automatically receive the reduced rates!
Now, don’t worry… there won’t be any “accidents” happening to you if you’re in our price elasticity test. The gum, breathmints and water our drivers provide will be 100% Wonka-free. And of course, we’ll still be quality-checking all our cars to ensure that there are no Oompa-Loompas hiding under the seats. :)
For those of you who aren’t in our test, we sympathize. But the golden ticket wouldn’t be so very golden if everyone had it now, would it? Ultimately, the data from this test will lead to better pricing for everyone. And when that day comes, we’ll all ride the great glass elevator to a world where Ubers abound. Huzzah!
In September, we introduced the world’s first Self-Driving Ubers to the Steel City. Three months later, we’re bringing Volvo XC90s to San Francisco. We’re incredibly excited to work with Volvo to pair our state-of-the-art self-driving technology with Volvo’s outstanding vehicle development and core safety capabilities. Starting today, riders who request an uberX in San Francisco […]
Today we announced we’re collaborating with Disney on an activation that transforms the Uber rider app into a themed Rogue One: A Star Wars Story experience. The in-app experience, which Uber riders can opt-into, will unlock special Rogue One: A Star Wars Story features as well as access to exclusive video content. Uber riders in […]
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.