Did you find a golden ticket?
Greetings all! Once upon a time, young Charlie Bucket lived an average life, devoid of color and candy. Then, one wonderful birthday, he found a golden ticket hidden in his chocolate bar and became “the luckiest boy in the world”.
Today, dear Uber users, you might open up your inboxes and find your very own golden ticket. And that guy up at the top? You’ll look just as excited as he is because today is the day that we start our price elasticity test in San Francisco! We want to understand how ride volume increases as price decreases. If you’re happy, you Uber more, which makes Uber, our drivers and our partners happy too! Our goal is to offer reduced rates to all riders across the board.
More details on the method to follow soon in a sexy #uberdata post but here’s what you need to know now:
- If you are in the pricing test, you can ride Uber at a reduced rate (either 10%, 20% or if you’re really lucky, 30%!).
- The test is random and the 600 users with reduced rates have already been selected. Please don’t try to pull a Veruca Salt on us and open up lots of new Uber accounts – it won’t work. ;)
- This is an extended test that will run for up to 3 months. That makes it even better than a decadent one-day tour of a chocolate factory!
- This test is only running in San Francisco. After all, it’s the only city with a Golden Gate.
- The best part about all of this? You’ll have to do absolutely nothing. If you’re in the test, just ride with Uber on the account you signed up with and you’ll automatically receive the reduced rates!
Now, don’t worry… there won’t be any “accidents” happening to you if you’re in our price elasticity test. The gum, breathmints and water our drivers provide will be 100% Wonka-free. And of course, we’ll still be quality-checking all our cars to ensure that there are no Oompa-Loompas hiding under the seats. :)
For those of you who aren’t in our test, we sympathize. But the golden ticket wouldn’t be so very golden if everyone had it now, would it? Ultimately, the data from this test will lead to better pricing for everyone. And when that day comes, we’ll all ride the great glass elevator to a world where Ubers abound. Huzzah!
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.