Introducing #darujjidlo – Helping Praguers Donate in the New Year
Now that the holiday season has passed, full of potato salad and schnitzel, it’s important to remember that not everyone in Prague was lucky enough to spend the holidays with a feast. To start the new year, Uber is partnering with Zachraň jídlo and the Prague Food Bank to use our technology and our network of drivers to help Prague give back. On Wednesday, January 14th from 10am – 6pm, request a special car Daruj Jídlo to come to your home or office to collect food for donation to those who need it most.
Do you have a surplus of groceries left over from your holiday shopping? Is your pantry overflowing with more than you can consume? With this Uber donation campaign, anyone in Prague can request a free Uber car to come to their home or office and collect non-perishable food for donation.
With just one click, we can give back following a joyous holiday season to the organisations that need it most: shelters, children’s homes and halfway houses. The food collected will be donated to Prague Food Bank, which distributes food to partners like Klokánek, Hope and the Salvation Army. In exchange for your generosity, Uber will be dropping up a little thank you in the form of some delicious chocolates from our friends at Orion and 100 CZK credit on your Uber account.
How It Works
- On Wednesday, January 14th from 10am – 6pm, open the Uber app and swipe the slider to Daruj Jidlo to request a car – completely free of charge – to pick up your donations!
- Don’t have a smartphone? Those who don’t have the Uber app will be able to drop off donations at Café Neustadt (Karlovo náměstí 1/23) or at Janovského 3 in Holešovice.
- Want to organise a food drive at your office? Don’t hesitate to ask us for a collection box or prioritized pick-up at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What can you do to help?
Start collecting non-perishable food to donate on Wednesday:
- canned food (paté, meat, beans and fish cans etc.)
- soups (packets, cup soups etc.)
- sugar, tea, coffee
- pasta, rice, semolina and cereal
- oil, syrups, jams, kompoty
- drinks in tetrapack (milk, juices)
- hygienic necessities
Between 10am and 6pm on Wednesday January 14th, swipe the slider on your app to Daruj Jídlo and request a car completely free of charge to come to your home or office to to pick up your donations!
The Uber Prague team
We want to hear about your donations! Use the hashtag #DarujJidlo.