Help us give back with Daruj Jidlo food drive
The holiday season – full of good food and festivities – has passed and it’s important to remember that not everyone in Prague was lucky enough to spend the holidays with a feast. To start the new year, Uber is partnering the Prague Food Bank to use our technology and our network of driver partners to help Prague give back. On Thursday, January 7th between 1pm – 8pm, request a special car Daruj Jídlo to come to your home or office to collect food for donation for free.
ON THURSDAY BETWEEN 1PM – 8PM UBER WILL PICK UP YOUR FOOD DONATIONS FOR FREE.
HOW IT WORKS
- Open the Uber app on Thursday Jan 7th between 1pm- 8pm.
- Swipe to the Daruj Jidlo icon and request a car completely free of charge.
- In minutes, Uber will arrive to pick up your donations and will deliver to the Prague Food Bank.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP?
- canned food (paté, meat, beans and fish cans etc.)
- soups (packets, cup soups etc.)
- sugar, tea, coffee
- pasta, rice, semolina and cereal
- oil, syrups, jams, canned fruit
- drinks in tetrapack (milk, juices)
- hygienic necessities
WHERE WILL YOUR FOOD DONATIONS GO?
The Prague Food Bank redistributes food to more than 97 NGO and community organizations in Prague since 2009. The food donations will be redistributed to those where it is needed the most including shelters, children’s homes and halfway houses.
JOIN US WITH YOUR COMPANY!
Would you like to organize a food drive in your office? Ask us for a collection box delivery here or send us an email at email@example.com.
We want to hear about your donations! Use #DarujJidlo hashtag!
Happy new year!
Uber team Prague