uberPOOL—Share Your Ride. See The Savings.
We’re thrilled to bring uberPOOL back to Toronto following the successful two-week trial during the Pan Am Games.
Beginning Wednesday, January 13 at 2pm, you can share your ride and the cost by being matched with someone traveling the same way—making your fare up to 40% cheaper than uberX.
Our vision for uberPOOL is simple. We want to reduce the number of cars on the road, while providing Torontonians with transportation that’s more affordable than ever. When 2 people share their ride, that’s one less car on the road and a cheaper fare for both riders.
HOW TO POOL
1. Select uberX.
2. Set your pickup location.
3. Set your destination location.
4. Tap “Set Pickup Location” to confirm your trip details.
5. Choose how many seats you need.
6. If you choose 1-2 seats, 2 prices will be displayed. Tap “Share Your Ride” and then “Request POOL” to save money by sharing your trip. You’ll be matched with another rider or 2 traveling along a similar route at any point during your trip.
7. OR tap “Get Your Own Ride” and then “Request uberX” to get your own car.
With uberPOOL, there’s a few key things you need to keep in mind when you request:
- Once you set your pickup and destination locations, you won’t be able to change them since we use this information to match you with someone going the same way.
- It’s important that you’re on time when your driver is there to pick you up—they’ll only wait 2 minutes! If you miss your ride, you’ll be charged a $5 no show fee.
- Once you’re on your trip, your driver must follow the directions given to them in the app—so please don’t ask for detours!
Here’s some other common questions you may have about uberPOOL:
HOW IS MY FARE CALCULATED?
uberPOOL is currently up to 40% cheaper than uberX. Fares are quoted in the app before you request, so you always know exactly what you’ll pay. The minimum uberPOOL fare is $4 and it includes a $1.50 Booking Fee.
WHERE IS UBERPOOL AVAILABLE?
You can take uberPOOL in Toronto, Mississauga and North York. View the coverage map here. Your pickup and destination locations need to be within this area.
CAN I BRING OTHER PEOPLE?
uberPOOL has a max of 2 passengers per request, so feel free to bring a friend. Keep in mind, the second passenger added to your request will add $1 to your fare.
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT UBERPOOL?
Visit our FAQ page.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.