UberEATS Toronto is celebrating its second birthday with $2 specials!
Who says that 2s are terrible? It’s our 2nd birthday in Toronto and we’re celebrating the start of our terrific 2s all week! Open the UberEATS app to see our full list of sweet (and savoury) $2 specials from some of the city’s best restaurants, available through to May 21.
Birthdays are always better when you share them with friends. Helping us blow out the candles this week are our our amazing restaurant partners, delivery partners, and loyal eaters. Check out these delicious facts about the most popular menu items that our eaters love ordering from across the city.
Toronto 2017 Food Trends
- Chicken in its various forms is the most popular food item ordered through the app
- Chicken wing orders have increased by 854% since January 2017, with popcorn chicken orders increasing 186%
- Torontonians love ordering their afternoon tea with UberEATS, with milk teas and green teas amongst some of the most ordered items
- Tacos are always a favourite food, increasing 137% since January 2017
- Asian-inspired dishes are also on the rise
- Fried rice and rice noodle orders have increased 153% and 144% respectively since January 2017
West VS East
- West enders’ favourite item is Thai food, specifically from Sukhothai (Dundas West)
- UberEATS orders from this restaurant are most popular in the Roncesvalles Village, Liberty Village, Little Italy and Queen West neighbourhoods
- East enders’ favour burritos and burgers – with the highest orders coming from Burger’s Priest, or Burrito shops in the Leslieville and Beaches neighbourhoods
|Roncesvalles Village||Chicken Burrito from Burrito Boyz (Queen)|
|Downtown Toronto||Chef Nuit Pad Thai from Pai|
|Forest Hill||Quinoa Onion Rings from Fresh on Eglinton|
|Leslieville||Cheeseburger from Burger’s Priest (Beaches)|
|Liberty Village||Classic Mac from Bobbie Sue’s Mac & Cheese|
|Little Italy||Spicy Chicken from Grand Electric|
|Rosedale||Insalata di Cavolo Nero from Trattoria Nervosa|
|The Annex||Pizza from PI CO.|
|The Beaches||Margherita Pizza from Queen Margherita Pizza|
|The Junction||Jerk Chicken from Jerk King (Bloor/Dufferin)|
|Yorkville||Lemongrass Chicken Box from Basil Box|
|Queen West||SukhoTHAI Pad Thai from Sukhothai (Dundas West)|
How to order:
- Download the app or head to ubereats.com.
- Tell us where to deliver—add your home, work, or any other address you’d like.
- Browse local restaurants—search for your favourite local spot or try something new.
- Check out with a tap—pay with your card already on file.
- Track your order—watch as your order is prepared, picked up, and delivered right to your door.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–