Some Pro Tips for Uber Riders In Montreal
In Montreal, more people than ever are using Uber to get where they need to go. Check out the Uber Pro Tips below to learn how to move around the city like an expert and ensure your rider experience is 5 stars from start to finish.
We are committed to the safety of everyone using Uber. Our technology is designed to bring accountability and transparency to every ride so you can always feel safe taking an Uber.
Follow these tips to ensure a 5-Star Uber experience:
- Confirm you’re getting in the right Uber. Double check the license plate number matches the car’s plate and photo matches the driver. Confirm your driver’s name and tell him your name.
- Need to contact your driver? Tap on the drivers profile image and select “Contact Driver” to call or text your driver.
- Share your journey in real time. Use the “Share My ETA” feature to send your friends or family a map of your route and expected time of arrival.
- Provide feedback. Our feedback loop asks riders to rate every trip. We use that information to evaluate our driver-partner.
- Detailed receipts. Every Uber receipt includes your driver’s name, photo and route information from pickup to drop off. Your receipt is your detailed guide to your trip. Additional questions? Just click the ‘Support’ tab in the app or reply to your receipt and a member of our support team will follow up shortly!
And don’t forget:
- Make sure to buckle up!
- Please refrain from asking your driver to pick you up or drop you off in areas where pickup/drop-off parking is not permitted.
- Have more than 4 passengers? Request uberXL.
Don’t be that guy/gal. Respect your Uber.
- Has your driver arrived? Don’t make your driver wait too long. Remember, drivers’ time is valuable too and they are more than happy to help you as soon as they accept your request.
- Be respectful of your drivers. Despite the frustrating Montreal traffic, they work hard to give you 5 star service to get you to where you want to go. Raising your voice or using strong language is not very Uber-ish.
- If you are thinking of bringing a pet when you ride, make sure to get the driver’s permission first.
- Help keep your driver’s vehicle clean. Put yourself in the shoes of the next rider.
- No drinking, smoking or illegal substances in the car. Period.
- Riding Uber means there’s no need to pay cash! When you get to your destination, you can simply hop out and be on your way.
- Rate your driver based on your driver’s performance and quality of service. Drivers do not control the fare. If you have a question, reply to your receipt and we’ll be happy to review your fare!
PERFECT YOUR PICK UP
- Double-check your pick-up location on the map in the Uber app before hitting the ‘Request’ button. Pinning your location properly will save both you AND the driver valuable time so you can get going sooner. When in large buildings, try your best to drop the pin near the street where you’ll be waiting.
- Request your ride only when you’re ready to go.
- If you need to cancel a ride, be sure to cancel before 5 minutes from the time of booking to avoid the $5 on uberX cancellation fee. And as always, if you have a question about a charge, just reply to your email receipt and we’ll look into it.
FARE SPLITTING = FAIR SPLITTING
Splitting the dinner bill with your friends is complicated. Sharing the ride home isn’t!
How to split your fare once you’ve requested a ride:
- Tap the “up arrow” next to your driver’s info and select “Split Fare”.
- Select the friends you’re riding with and tap “Send”.
- Your Uber-savvy friends will receive a message and taken directly to the app to confirm.
- Your friends without Uber will be asked to download the app, sign up, and confirm their share of the ride.
It happens to the best of us; after you get out of your Uber, you realize you forgot something in the backseat. Whether it be your sunglasses, your phone or engagement ring (yes, the team has seen it all), with Uber you can easily recover lost items.
Check the bottom of your receipt email for the “Click here if you lost something on this trip” link.
Uber Montreal Team
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.