Share the Warmth this Holiday Season
It can be tough finding time to make it to your local donation centre during the holidays. That’s why we’re teaming up with our friends at YESS to make donating clothing quick and convenient for our Edmonton riders!
This Saturday, December 12th at just the tap of a button a driver will come to your home, pick up your gently used clothing items, and deliver them directly to a donation centre– all for free!
SPREAD THE NEWS
HOW IT WORKS
- Bag up your gently worn clothing such as winter jackets, mittens, t-shirts, sweatpants, toques, winter boots, and any other items that you’re willing to donate (the warmer the better!)– a full list of much-needed items can be found here
- Open your app between 11am and 3pm on December 12th and request “DONATE” at the bottom of your screen
- An uberXL will arrive to pick up your gently used clothing and drop it off at the local YESS donation centre free of charge
- All clothing must be bagged for drivers to accept your donation
- We ask that you bring your bagged clothing out to meet your driver curbside when they arrive, as drivers cannot leave their vehicles unattended
- Our DONATE vehicles will be in high demand, so please be patient!
Already cleaned out your closet? You can still help YESS by making a monetary donation here.
YESS is a relentlessly dedicated not-for-profit organization that shapes the future of Edmonton by supporting youth facing difficult realities. YESS offers distinct and invaluable services through a variety of channels that range from immediate emergency shelter to ongoing support programs and individual guidance.
We hope you can join us on Saturday!
– Uber Edmonton
PS- never tried Uber before? Sign up here with the code “WINTERYEG” for a first free ride, up to $20!
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.