Giving back to the Calgary Food Bank
Being part of a community means giving back. The Uber platform is meant to connect Calgarians to safe, affordable and reliable rides, and although we are not currently operating, we still look for ways to make an impact in the city we know and love. This holiday season, we’re organizing a food drive in Calgary to connect those who are able to give to those in need.
We invite you to open the Uber app on Saturday, December 12th and give back by setting aside a few canned goods from your pantry, or picking up extra non-perishables on your next grocery run. A driver will come to your home, pick up your items, and donate them to the Calgary Food Bank on your behalf– free of charge.
REQUEST A FREE PICKUP OF YOUR FOOD DONATIONS ON DEMAND THIS SATURDAY
SPREAD THE NEWS
HOW TO DONATE
- Download the Uber app for iPhone, Android, or Windows
- Open the app on Saturday (December 12th) between 10AM and 2PM
- Slide over to the “FOOD BANK” icon and request a pickup at your location
- Meet your driver curbside with your non-perishable food items
- Your donation will be delivered to the Calgary Food Bank and provided to someone in need
- Please bag all donations, and if possible put bagged donations in a box
- Drivers cannot leave cars unattended so make sure to meet them curbside for pickup
- Curious to know what are the most needed items? While all food donations within acceptable expiry dates and conditions are welcomed, the Calgary Food Bank’s wish list includes: peanut butter, dry pasta, pasta sauce, baby food and formula, canned soup, fruit juice (1L), macaroni and cheese, canned vegetables and fruits
- Still not sure what to donate? Clients at the Calgary Food Bank are our neighbours– think about what you and your own family enjoy or use most often
WHY IT MATTERS
The mission of the Calgary Food Bank is to provide food to people in need and connect the people they serve to a range of service providers. They advocate for the hungry and educate the public about hunger in our community.
You can help the Calgary Food Bank in others ways. For every $1 donated, they can distribute $5 worth of food! Make your monetary donation here.
Thank you for making us a part of your community, Calgary! Together, we can make a difference this holiday season.
– Team Uber Calgary
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.