Don’t Let Council Take Away Your Ride
Last week, the Licensing and Standards Committee at Toronto City Hall voted for anti-Uber amendments that would force Uber out of Toronto. If these amendments are passed at the City Council Meeting on May 3, Toronto will lose ridesharing and all the benefits that come with it.
Without ridesharing in Toronto:
- Hundreds of thousands of Torontonians that rely on ridesharing each and every day will lose a safe, reliable option to get home.
- Over fifteen thousand driver partners will lose the ability to make income on their own schedule.
- Toronto would become the largest city in North America to not have ridesharing.
- The accessibility community and older adults will be denied access to a reliable and affordable transportation option with uberWAV and uberASSIST.
- Hundreds of restaurants that have been surviving and thriving with UberEATS will lose a means to keep growing their small businesses.
- Torontonians would lose the option to share their rides with uberPOOL that helps reduce congestion in our city.
Ridesharing is making Toronto a better place to live and we believe that with smart, progressive regulations for this new industry, ridesharing companies, can help build a better Toronto. You can learn more about what smart regulations look like here.
You can help make sure ridesharing is here to stay by calling your City Councillor and sharing your story about what Uber means to you. With the support of our riders and drivers, we’re hopeful that Toronto City Council will do the right thing this May and vote for a better Toronto.
To find about more about how you can help, please head to supportuberTO.com.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.