Building Better Cities, Together.
This May, Toronto City Council will vote to regulate ridesharing. Today we’re launching a campaign to encourage Torontonians to share their stories about how ridesharing is making our city a better place to live.
This is a positive campaign about what can be achieved with smart, progressive regulations for this new industry. And what is at stake if Council gets this wrong.
The story about Uber is really a story about the people of Toronto and how…
- Over fifteen thousand driver partners use a smartphone to make extra income on their own schedule.
- The accessibility community has a new affordable and reliable transportation options with uberWAV and uberASSIST.
- With uberPOOL, technology is finally addressing the decades-old problem of how to encourage carpooling and tackle congestion.
- Hundreds of restaurant partners are growing their business because of platforms like UberEATS.
- We’re bringing much needed transportation options to communities that have been previously ignored by taxi and live too far away from public transit.
And most importantly, it’s about making sure our loved ones have a safe way to get home.
If council embraces ridesharing by passing smart regulations, we can continue our work to help make Toronto an even better place to live.
But it isn’t enough for us to tell this story.
That’s why we’re asking Torontonians to tell their stories and share what ridesharing means to them and our city. With the support of our riders and drivers, we’re hopeful that Toronto City Council will do the right thing this May and vote for a better Toronto.
To find about more about how you can help, please head to supportuberTO.com.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.